33 4x4B

Old August 31st 04, 05:19 PM
Ex Alfa Adam

Default 33 4x4B

I'm off to look at a 1991 8v 1.7 33 that is a 4x4B - not a p4. It is an
import to the UK from it's original home of Austria.

Is there anywhere that I can get a specification of this car? I've owned
both 8v and 16v 33s before, nearly bought a p4 but have never heard of a
4x4B which I understand is not the same as a p4.

Has anyone owned one of these before? Are there any specially good or bad
bits to look for?

Adam H

Old August 31st 04, 09:51 PM
Ex Alfa Adam

> The seller maybe means "4x4 basic" or something ...
> p4 (permanent 4) = 4x4 (four wheel drive/AWD)
>
> Next year or maybe later I'll start my search for an AR 33 p4/QV or a 155
> p4/QV

Not sure, but it is a series 3 with a 4x4 that is not a P4 - any ideas
anyone?

Adam H

Old August 31st 04, 10:22 PM
SteveH

Ex Alfa Adam > wrote:

> > The seller maybe means "4x4 basic" or something ...
> > p4 (permanent 4) = 4x4 (four wheel drive/AWD)
> >
> > Next year or maybe later I'll start my search for an AR 33 p4/QV or a 155
> > p4/QV

> Not sure, but it is a series 3 with a 4x4 that is not a P4 - any ideas
> anyone?

AFAIK that's the case. ie. All 4x4 series 3s were P4s.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old September 1st 04, 02:55 AM
Synapse Syndrome

"Ex Alfa Adam" > wrote in message
> > The seller maybe means "4x4 basic" or something ...
> > p4 (permanent 4) = 4x4 (four wheel drive/AWD)
> >
> > Next year or maybe later I'll start my search for an AR 33 p4/QV or a

155
> > p4/QV

> Not sure, but it is a series 3 with a 4x4 that is not a P4 - any ideas
> anyone?

Maybe it's like an 'elegante' version of the 16v - without the sports trim.

ss.