Drive your VW to work?

Old June 16th 05, 01:22 AM
Bryan

Default Drive your VW to work?

I must confess, I don't drive the 64 Beetle the 100 mile round trip very
often.

When is drive your VW to work day this year?

Bryan

Old June 16th 05, 01:41 AM
Bill Berckman

It normally is on June 22nd.

Old June 16th 05, 01:55 AM
Bryan

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> It normally is on June 22nd.

Thanks, I knew it was coming soon.

Hey this may be a dumb question, but are you the Bill I met at the Great
American Race in SLC UT a few years back? Drove a Heb. (sp?)

Bryan

Old June 16th 05, 02:12 AM

Up until November, I had a '74 super that I drove to work, 104 miles
round trip, everyday and did for 3 years. Not everyday but about 3 days
a week usually. And I did it year round, just disconnected the heater
boxes in the summer or I would get melted shoes.

Now I have a buggy and I have driven it to work once so far. We've had
so much rain lately I haven't chanced it. It's been great this week but
I have been off all week so far so......

Great idea, lets start a drive your bug to work day. We have take your
kids, daughter ect.. why not our bugs.

<><
TC

Old June 16th 05, 02:47 AM
driver

It should be Dirve your AIR COOLED VW to work day.

I used to drive my 74 bus for about three years about 15miles round trip. In
the winter, I froze! In the summer, I took my time so everyone could see me.

oups.com...

Old June 16th 05, 02:01 PM
Karls Vladimir Peña

Isn't that everyday?

Old June 16th 05, 05:36 PM
Seth Graham

On 2005-06-16, Karls Vladimir Peña > wrote:
> Isn't that everyday?

It is for me. My round trip is only 20 miles though.

The 3000 mile tuneup every 6 weeks would do me in, if I did 100
miles a day.

Old June 16th 05, 06:49 PM
Joao Eliseu

"Bryan" > wrote:
>I must confess, I don't drive the 64 Beetle the 100 mile round trip very
>often.
>
>When is drive your VW to work day this year?
>
>Bryan

I take my two sons to the school once or two a week and they love. The other parents
use new cars like Mercedes, Audi, Seat, VW Golf and Passat and I use my old beetle
:-) Funny

Joao
Old June 16th 05, 08:10 PM
Karls Vladimir Peña

Been there, done that. Last week I went to a party and parked right beetween
an MB S500 and a Bentley. The bug looked a lot better than those 2.

"Joao Eliseu" > wrote in message

> "Bryan" > wrote:
>>I must confess, I don't drive the 64 Beetle the 100 mile round trip very
>>often.
>>
>>When is drive your VW to work day this year?
>>
>>Bryan
>>

> I take my two sons to the school once or two a week and they love. The
> other parents
> use new cars like Mercedes, Audi, Seat, VW Golf and Passat and I use my
> old beetle
> :-) Funny
>

> Joao

OT Daily Drive E-Brake Bill Berckman VW air cooled 81 April 12th 05 05:21 AM
Accessories don't work in "On" position Chris Fonville Technology 3 April 6th 05 11:33 PM
Drive Train Damaged $$$$$ ?? popeyeball Jeep 4 March 29th 05 05:00 PM
teenage insurance leo Driving 138 December 19th 04 05:04 PM
For the Volvo aficionado's....:)) Exit 4x4 174 January 10th 04 06:22 PM