PCV valve -- dealer only?

Old September 10th 04, 05:13 PM
Terry

Default PCV valve -- dealer only?

I've been trying to find a PCV valve for my 2000 Saturn Lseries wagon,
with no luck....I've been told they are dealer only items, which is hard to
believe, since they are such a common tune-up item. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Terry M.

Old September 10th 04, 06:00 PM
progrmr

I got a PCV valve for my 2000 SL2 from Napa Auto parts...I couldn't
find it anywhere else and I refuse to give anything to the saturn
dealerships.

Old September 10th 04, 06:08 PM
Terry

hmm, I did try napa online, no PCV valve is listed for this Saturn.
I stopped in at Carquest, they don't list them either...I'll take your
advice
and go to a NAPA dealer in person & see if they have one.

I agree with you about the Saturn dealer, I bought this car used, I'm not
exactly in love with Saturns. The closest dealer to me is a 1 hour drive,
too far for a $3.00 part.

Thanks for the info--

Old September 10th 04, 06:53 PM
Ratbert

Terry wrote:

> hmm, I did try napa online, no PCV valve is listed for this Saturn.
> I stopped in at Carquest, they don't list them either...I'll take your
> advice
> and go to a NAPA dealer in person & see if they have one.
>
> I agree with you about the Saturn dealer, I bought this car used, I'm not
> exactly in love with Saturns. The closest dealer to me is a 1 hour drive,
> too far for a $3.00 part.

The Saturn dealer 90 minutes from me mails small stuff to me. They
don't even charge me for it. If it has to go through UPS, they charge
for shipping, though.
Old September 11th 04, 01:07 AM
Buster

That's a pretty strong statement, do you have any facts to back that
up?
Buster