Dodge may offer Employee discount to customers?

Old June 29th 05, 11:53 PM
snow

Default Dodge may offer Employee discount to customers?

I was reading on Yahoo News than Chrysler may follow GM's lead and offer an
employee discount to all customers. I assume this would include Dodge. They
are not sure yet, but it may occur in July if GM extends its offer. I was
wondering how large is this employee discount?? Is it as good as it may
sound. Any info appreciated.

Old June 30th 05, 04:34 AM
Raymond Sirois

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:53:26 GMT, "snow" >
wrote:

>I was reading on Yahoo News than Chrysler may follow GM's lead and offer an
>employee discount to all customers. I assume this would include Dodge. They
>are not sure yet, but it may occur in July if GM extends its offer. I was
>wondering how large is this employee discount?? Is it as good as it may
>sound. Any info appreciated.

My guess is that they raise the sticker price of the car by 20% and
offer you a discount on that price of 15%. You do the math...

Raymond Sirois KU2S
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6023
Old June 30th 05, 05:32 AM
rob

well since ford and GM are having massive recalls and layoffs and Chrysler
isn't, what do you think?

the Brampton Ontario plant is maxxed out and running chargers out the door
on graveyard shift. sounds like they are busy.

Old July 1st 05, 01:28 PM

The GM % was from 3 to 4% off dealer invoice. Chrysler is talking that
or maybe better.

Bill
'94 Intrepid winner all Chrysler Nationals 1st Gen Modified
'01 Intrepid R/T

Old July 1st 05, 03:01 PM
David

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> The GM % was from 3 to 4% off dealer invoice. Chrysler is talking that
> or maybe better.
>
> Bill

Chrysler employee purchase price is factory invoice, minus holdback, minus
current rebate. DC then pays the dealer 4% of the total invoice plus the
rebate. On some vehicle's like the Neon, the dealer would make more selling
at Employee price then retail. Yet some dealers refuse to sell to Chrysler
employees because they think they are not making any money. They never
realize that they make the same or better gross. And they do not need to
spend for advertising to employees.

Old July 3rd 05, 01:32 AM
snow

It will only be a good deal if Chrysler includes the rebate and holdback
along with the employee discount. Take away the rebate part and is there
really a better deal than now?