More hp

Old August 17th 04, 11:42 AM
boxer14

Default More hp

God bless you all.

I'am from Croatia.
English it's not my language but i hope you understud me.
In my property it's one "alfa trofeo 145" 1.4(1.3) boxer engines, year
1996.
This small car weight 1140kg and have only 90hp which is aprox.
13kg/hp.
The car have catalytic converter, and I hear that piece of sheat teake
for me 20% horse power, i suppose cat choke exhaust gas.
If I remove cat.converter (i have only 1 lambda senzor before cat)
than i have back my loss horse power and than car have 90×1.2=108hp.
My question it's that true & any sugestion.

Thanks!

(I'am new member on this great groups & groups hr.rec.automobili)
Old August 17th 04, 12:05 PM
Catman

boxer14 wrote:

> God bless you all.
>
> I'am from Croatia.

Welcome

> English it's not my language but i hope you understud me.

Your english is far better than my Croatian

> In my property it's one "alfa trofeo 145" 1.4(1.3) boxer engines, year
> 1996.
> This small car weight 1140kg and have only 90hp which is aprox.
> 13kg/hp.
> The car have catalytic converter, and I hear that piece of sheat teake
> for me 20% horse power, i suppose cat choke exhaust gas.
> If I remove cat.converter (i have only 1 lambda senzor before cat)
> than i have back my loss horse power and than car have 90×1.2=108hp.
> My question it's that true & any sugestion.

It should certainly make some more power, but I think that 108 might be a
little optimistic. Could well be worth trying as it should be simple and
cheap to do.

Be aware though that it may not improve the driveability of tha car if the
fueling cannot match the increased airflow.

Hopefully some of our european members will be along with more information
soon.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk