LED replacement bulbs for an A4 Golf?

Old December 11th 04, 10:08 PM
Rob Guenther

Default LED replacement bulbs for an A4 Golf?

Has anyone tried LED replacement bulbs on a Mark 4 Golf/Jetta yet? I like
how one some newer high end cars you get much brighter and much faster
acting brake lamps due to LED's... My centre light is already a row of LEDs,
so it lights up faster then the two side mounted lights, would be a nice
upgrade to get the whole system to LED's... Maybe increase the lumen output
for the brakes and running lights... possibly turn signals too.... funds
permitting of course, and as long as the system doesn't think I have a burnt
out bulb (fast repeat rate would drive me nuts, and people would keep
telling me I have a blown indicator somewhere).

Main reason for this is safety - fast responce on the highway can give the
driver behind me some added leaway for stopping - I've upgraded the brakes
on my Golf, and in certain situations I have seen the driver behind me
cringing, hoping he can stop without hitting me (which makes me modulate my
brakes to give him some added room)... Second is knowing my tail lamps/brake
lamps should never fail, and I could get rid of my daily check for my
running lights, and weekly check for brake lights.... Third is the coolness
factor... always fun to do little mods to the car.

Has anyone got a source or recommendations?

Old December 13th 04, 02:00 AM
sd

In article >,
"Rob Guenther" > wrote:

> Has anyone tried LED replacement bulbs on a Mark 4 Golf/Jetta yet?

There's some talk about them at Fred's TDI Page (
http://www.tdiclub.com ), if you haven't been there already. Might
want to go there and search for "LED lamps" (no quotes).

sd
Old December 13th 04, 02:00 AM
sd

Old December 13th 04, 10:19 PM
Rob Guenther

Thank, i'll check that out... hopeful will point me to a store or an online
retailer.

Old December 13th 04, 10:19 PM
Rob Guenther