what years are called "Stingray"?

Old December 10th 04, 11:07 PM
Ted Johnson

Default what years are called "Stingray"?

Okay, time for a stupid question: which years of Corvettes
are considered Stingrays?

Thanks in advance.
-Ted
Old December 11th 04, 12:49 AM
Scubabix

Then up to 76 was the Sting Ray.

Old December 11th 04, 12:49 AM
Scubabix

Then up to 76 was the Sting Ray.

Old December 11th 04, 01:18 AM
Diode

Scubabix spoke thusly...
> Then up to 76 was the Sting Ray.

In 68 the sales literature refers to the car as the Stingray (or sting
ray, don't remember), but it doesn't appear anywhere on the car. Little
bit of trivia there...

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old December 11th 04, 01:18 AM
Diode

Scubabix spoke thusly...

Old December 11th 04, 02:26 PM
Bob G.

>Okay, time for a stupid question: which years of Corvettes
>are considered Stingrays?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>-Ted

1963 thru 1967 Corvettes carried the Script " Stingray"
notice it is one word

1969 Thru 1976 Corvettes carried the Script " Sting Ray "
Notice it is now two words...

1968 did NOT carry the Script ...
1977 thru 82 also did not carry the Script...

Me thiniketh that Corvettes lost some "Sting" in 1977
and that the Marketing people at Gm could not
figure how to refer the the radically different looking car 68
..
Bob Griffiths 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

Old December 11th 04, 02:26 PM
Bob G.

Old December 11th 04, 03:02 PM
Bill Gander

I have a 75 Coupe. I just went out to the garage and looked
at the trim that says Stingray. The "S in sting" is
capitalized and the r in ray is small. It is definitely one
word "Stingray". My daughter found two 1975 Corvette sales
brochures and bought them for me. She also found a 1976
sales brochure and got that too. I just took them out of the
frames and in both sets of brochures, Stingray is spelled
"Stingray" without a break between Sting and Ray and without
a hyphen.

I remember that some years the spelling was Sting Ray but it
doesn't appear to be in 1975 - 1976.

Bill
75 coupe