Low Range wont engage

Old December 28th 05, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Low Range wont engage

I have a 2000 model and I put it in neutral and switch over to low range,
and nothing?

it goes into high range (and even stays there where I move it on to low)

any tips Chaps - it is very much likely me being an arse, but Ive read the
manual 50 times and done everything to the letter

Really grateful for any help

John

Old December 29th 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Did you press down the brake pedal?
JackC
Giving up the right to arms is a mistake a free people get to make only
once. I will not make that mistake.

Old December 30th 05, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

sure did Jack - tried everthing i could think of

Old January 5th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

In article >, John
Bryan > wrote:

> sure did Jack - tried everthing i could think of
>

> "jack" > wrote in message
> > Did you press down the brake pedal?
> > JackC
> > Giving up the right to arms is a mistake a free people get to make only
> > once. I will not make that mistake.
> >
> > John Bryan wrote:
> >> I have a 2000 model and I put it in neutral and switch over to low range,
> >> and nothing?
> >>

> >> it goes into high range (and even stays there where I move it on to low)
> >>
> >> any tips Chaps - it is very much likely me being an arse, but Ive read
> >> the manual 50 times and done everything to the letter

This could be a lot of things (transfer case shift motor, 4wd module,
or one of several sensors). Best to get the codes read to see where it
is. I am guessing it is the module or one of the sensors feeding it,
but the module is big bucks and the sensors are not.
Old January 6th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Than check your shift motor, that causes many problems. Many just don't
know the shifter has to be in neutral and the brake needs to be applied
for 4 wheel low to engage

Old January 7th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"jack" > wrote in message
.. Many just don't know the shifter has to be in neutral and the brake needs
to be applied
> for 4 wheel low to engage

And clutch engaged if it has 1