LT1 Wrangler For Sale in Arizona (repost)

Old July 18th 05, 09:01 PM
blndspt

Default LT1 Wrangler For Sale in Arizona (repost)

No one interested? Wow, I've done so much of the hard work too!
Again, if you are interested (or curious), let me know:

Guys,
I can't believe I"m doing this, but I"m actually trying to sell my
baby. I've had this thing for more than ten years, some of you know it

as the blind spot. The list of parts/mods and upgrades is a mile long.

Let's just say it has well over 40 grand into it not including time
and labor. Here are the majors:

1990 Body (but not much left on it is made by jeep!)
1996 LT1 Corvette Engine (about 15k miles on it)
TH-350 Transmission (I was about to change over to a 700r4. I have a
700r4 for core that goes with the jeep)
Dana 300 Case (could use a rebuild at some point)
Warn Coil Kit Custom Fabricated by Tri-County Gear in California for
strength and travel (about 7 inches of lift by itself) (I have extra
parts for it as well)
2 inch body lift
Custom Dana 60 Rear with ARB Locker
Custom Dana 44 rebuilt front with Power Lock
Custom Shafts with CV's front and rear (Tom Wood)
Outlaw II wheels in 6 on 5/5 bolt pattern (chevy or cherokee)
35 inch mud kings (needs new tires)
Custom Roll Cage (newer wrangler style)
Ramsey 6000 lb winch
Complete custom cooling system fabricated to fit all stock corvette
cooling parts
Tub is compeletely covered inside with Line X
Tub is completely covered bottom with Durabak
Warn skid plate is durabak'ed red.
Custom Exhaust (resonator, cats, custom magna flow muffler)
Custom 24 Gallon Gas Tank with 16 guage diamond plate skid plate
Custom Carpet
Custom Dash with new Tan parts, carbon fiber inlays
VDO Millenium (impossible to get) gauges custom fabbed in stock
positions
Fabbed tire carrier to carry large tire in stock position
Best Top Thermal Seats (front) with headrests
Best Top Custom Fold and Tumble Rear
Thor Sound Wedges Rear
Front Boston Acoustics
Kenwood Detachable Face Deck
B&M Megashifter
California Top Sport Top
BestTop Center Console (with 12 volt hookups)
Custom Chrome Oil Pan with Slam Guard Chrome Plate on it (looks really
cool)

Other 'intangibles'
Stock Corvette compressor included (ready for AC unit)
K&N Filters
All parts for emissions (even in California) installed
Spare tire cover
Grant steering wheel
Upgraded the heater pump to the bigger Chevy heater (makes it hot!)
Have Half doors with the really expensive Fiberglass upper halves
Roll bar is line x'ed also and covered with besttop padding
Has the nice velcro handles on it.
TJ Fender flares custom fabbed.
Brand new side mirrors (these babys are priceless )

Here is all I was going to change in the Jeep to make it 100%:
It could use new wheels and tires (the mud kings are getting old
and the wheels could use a bit more offset (for brake clearance))
I wanted a bit better mileage and highway drivability, so I was
going to put a 700r4 in there (the current th-350 is on the fritz). I
do have a 700R4 core ready for this to either rebuild or trade in.
It needs a paint job (I wanted to wait until it was 100% done to do

the body and paint work). It's currently white (can you say paint
me?).

Other than that, this thing is prime. With my insurance company, I
actually insure it for 35K, maybe I should set it on fire! Ha ha. I
thought about trading it in, but I would rather keep it in the Jeep
community for someone who really needs it!

Price is negotiable, but you all know what it's worth. If you are
interested, or you know anyone that might be, tell them to email me
here ) or call me at 480-797-7595.

Thanks everyone!
Scott Tate (jeep's in gilbert by the way (southeast phoenix))

Old July 18th 05, 09:11 PM

If I had it I'd pull the LT1 and put it in a Corvette, a mid engine
kit car, or a boat.

Old July 18th 05, 10:26 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The LT-1 is a mild engine, less than a horse per inch, may even be
not a four bolt.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 19th 05, 12:06 AM

Just remember that for quite a while engines have been rated in terms of net
HP, not flywheel like they were back in the 50s and 60s. There is quite a
difference in the ratings. I believe they changed the ratings around 1972.
Also any street engine is fine with a 2 bolt block. there are a lot of
engines out there that never had 4 bolt caps, and some can't even be
converted, yet they seem to live under some very severe high horsepower
conditions. It is also a known fact that the best stock small block Chevy
block to use for racing is one that originally had 2 bolt mains, and then
convert it to 4 bolt mains with the splayed outer bolts. I've seen several
small and big block Chevy engines making some serious power, and still
having the 2 bolt main caps without a problem.

Chris

Old July 19th 05, 12:25 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

For those whom believe we really didn't have the horsepower, back in
the old days: http://www.cobranet.com/roadtest.htm You probably think
there was no reason for a side oiler, too.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 19th 05, 01:06 AM

Bill, you crack me up. Where in my post did I say that the horsepower
ratings from back in the 50s and 60s were higher than actual? All I said was
that comparing the ratings of the engines in the 50 and 60s is a different
rating system than what they use today. In fact, most of the automakers were
boasting numbers less than the actual horsepower of the engines back then,
both for insurance reasons and because of the class system for the Stock and
Super Stock drag racing classes. The 426 Hemi, Boss 429 and the W30 Olds 455
were perfect examples of this.

And of course, you had to pull something totally out of the blue about the
Ford side oiler. I can see how anyone would have read that in to what I
said. Sheesh.

Old July 19th 05, 04:24 AM

A few of the limited production engines did have the horsepower, but
they were job-shop-built, wild cam, high compression engines that
needed very high octane fuel and in most cases were not capable of 29"
Hg manifold pressure operation for more than 2 to 10 hours (even if oil
and coolant temps were magically controlled) before extremely loud
noises occurred and smoke, flames and oil went everywhere.

The much storied 426 Hemi ("Race Hemi", "late Hemi", whatever...) was
such an engine. It excelled at NASCAR in its day, thereafter in nitro
burning dragsters with 100% power TBO of something like seven seconds.
But you know why they were never used in marine applications? The
valvetrain was good for a hundred hours, maybe, even at the 350-400 hp
mark, and at 500 hp the lower end had maybe fifteen good hours.
Monteverdi built a sports car called a Hai, with the Hemi, and few were
built-they _could not_ make the Hemi live on the Autobahn for more than
maybe ten thousand miles. Jensen would have nothing whatever to do with
the Hemi.

The "side oiler" Ford 427 is another deal. External oil pipes went out
with the OX-5 and Isadora Duncan era Bugattis-it was a kluge, a patch
to save Ford the trouble of making new patterns and core boxes to do it
right.

There were Americans who "did it right" and who the Europeans learned
from-names like MIller, Goossen, Meyer-Drake, Rentschler, Allison come
to mind-but they had nothing to do with mass production poop out of
Detroit. Let's call a spade a spade here.

Old July 19th 05, 05:15 AM
Billy Ray

Bill,

The manufacturers lie about horsepower and torque ratings now just like
they did 'back in the day' as my daughters say, with the difference being
they used to claim significantly less power than the engines were actually
producing.

For example somewhere around 1970 one of the car magazines went around to
the Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge dealers and took standard 'demonstrators'
for a test ride to their local speed shop.

The Hemi engines rated at 425 hp by Chrysler all put out 500+ horsepower on
the dynos and the engines had not even been broken in.

Those weren't HP versions, they were the engines that our parents (the
current generations grand and great grand parents) had in their Imperials
and Furies, and Coronets...

And before we forget you could go to your local dealer and buy a NHRA
"Super Stock" Dodge or W30 Oldsmobile

Old July 19th 05, 05:19 AM
Billy Ray

I should have read further in the thread. yes, around '72 or '73 they
changes the ratings from power at the flywheel to power at the axle. The
difference was about -20% for loss. There was additional loss because the
manufacturers chose to go the cheapest route to meet emissions rather than
the best way. That gave us 2 decades of cars that were underpowered and
could not be made to run correctly.

Old July 19th 05, 05:26 AM
Billy Ray

..The 'big" V-8 in marine use was Chrysler's 440. There are still a lot of
them around in the older wood boats.

As for professional racing they used WWII era Allison's designed for
aircraft, V-12 Packards, or Rolls-Royce.