Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 19th 04, 12:08 PM
Bill Putney

Old November 19th 04, 12:08 PM
Bill Putney

Old November 19th 04, 12:12 PM
Bill Putney

Sparky wrote:

> Linda wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Please watch your snipping & quoting - I did not post "KNOTHEAD".
> Actually, I didn't see anything I posted in your quoted text.
>
> TIA

Sparkmeister - according to the attributions my browser shows, you did
post "KNOTHEAD". I had even commented to you that it was a nice pun.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 19th 04, 12:12 PM
Bill Putney

Old November 19th 04, 03:43 PM
linda

Big Bill wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:50:34 GMT, linda >
> wrote:
>

>>Big Bill wrote:

>>>Then why did you post what you knew would be a post that would
>>>generate requests for some evidence???
>>>

>>Honestly, I did not realize that there were so many duke fans, and again
>>as stated, I admitted, i did not find any site to support a claim that
>>our beloved duke was *OMG* gay.....

> Are you *really* that naive? Or just that young?
> Sure, you posted that thinking, "No one here knows who The Duke is, so
> I can say whatever I want, and no one will even think twice about it."
> This is Usenet. if you don't understand it, lurk for a while.
> Primary rule: never post without some idea of how to defend what you
> say. Especially when you malign an ICON.

i wish i really were that naive... to be that young again! thank you
for thinking both....
Actually, I was NOT the original poster that the DUKE was gay. Re-Read
your original posts....

Old November 19th 04, 03:43 PM
linda

Old November 19th 04, 03:44 PM
linda

Steve Bigelow wrote:
> "Big Bill" > wrote in message
> news >
>>>Honestly, I did not realize that there were so many duke fans, and again
>>>as stated, I admitted, i did not find any site to support a claim that
>>>our beloved duke was *OMG* gay.....

>>Are you *really* that naive? Or just that young?
>>Sure, you posted that thinking, "No one here knows who The Duke is, so
>>I can say whatever I want, and no one will even think twice about it."
>>This is Usenet. if you don't understand it, lurk for a while.
>>Primary rule: never post without some idea of how to defend what you
>>say. Especially when you malign an ICON.

> Malign?
> How? Is being gay still a big deal in the US?

also, i would like to interject: is it against the *rules* to be Gay
and an ICON?

Old November 19th 04, 03:44 PM
linda

Old November 19th 04, 03:56 PM
linda

Neil Nelson wrote:
> In article >,
> linda > wrote:
>

>>i stand corrected only on my mistake "esteem vs image"... but i still
>>say it was cute the way you and many others came to THE DUKE's defense.
>> ;-)

> Jesus christ on a pogo stick lady, not one person "came to the
> Duke's defense."
> There -were- [however] numerous questions as to the accuracy of
> the claims that you had made. Somehow you managed to morph that
> into coming to the DUKE's defense. [rolls eyes]
>

>>however, i only have my opinion and not website to refer to ...

> Then why don't you do the right thing and learn to trim your
> replies instead of leaving a boatload of irrelevant text attached
> to your posts. That way you won't come across as -quite- the
> usenet newbie.

Ouch... i bet you were a mean little boy.

Old November 19th 04, 03:56 PM
linda