Newbie Question: What accessories do Jeep most love?

Old June 19th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Newbie Question: What accessories do Jeep most love?

Hey! Newbie, here, just wanted to get a sense of what accessories or
parts are most popular out there for Jeep Wrangler/TJs 2003.

I especially had in mind which versions of products are most accepted
and plugged, so for example, I'm thinking bicycle racks, storage rack
(hitch rach, top of Jeep), half doors; front grills; bumpers; what do
you love and recommend?

Old June 19th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It all depends on what YOU want to do.

What do you use your Jeep for?

ups.com...

Old June 19th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Castro, I don't want to come off as a smartass, but I don't think you'll
find this to be largely an "accessorizing" crowd like some other
automotive groups. Most here buy upgrades for their Jeep because they
have a specific need, not because the Jeep needs jewelry. That said, get
a Quadratec catalog and do your worst. You might do better to ask
about a specific need as it arises.

http://www.quadratec.com/

tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old June 19th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Anything chrome. Chrome grille, mirrors, hinges, hardware, side steps. 20"
rims minimum. Drop springs so you can hi-center on a speedbump. Type R
tailpipe resonator. Put all that on and you'll have a beeyatch-kewl ride.

:-)

ups.com...

Old June 20th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Matt...ur jus mean dewd! lol

For me...I say buy skid plates and rocker protection...learn how to drive
your Jeep off road for a year or two then a 4" lift and a set of 33" TrXus
MT's and ur good to go...at that point you'll learn why you want lockers,
better crawl ratio etc...
Although one "accesory that is kool and has function if you get to deep
water crossings is a snorkel...snorkel do look kool...
IMHO

Jeff
2003 TJ
. ..

Old June 20th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yep, chrome don't get you home.
Coasty

.com...

Old June 20th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

> "Castro" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Hey! Newbie, here, just wanted to get a sense of what accessories or
>> parts are most popular out there for Jeep Wrangler/TJs 2003.
>>
>> I especially had in mind which versions of products are most accepted
>> and plugged, so for example, I'm thinking bicycle racks, storage rack
>> (hitch rach, top of Jeep), half doors; front grills; bumpers; what do
>> you love and recommend?

MUD should be your first mod...

Kate

Old June 20th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Kate, We have no clue as to what his plan is for his Jeep from the little
bit we know.

Old June 20th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

A Jeep girl: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/jeepGirl.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old June 20th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hey Bill,

I just removed my "BILL" filter from the onslaught of the troll
recently. This is the first post I've seen of yours since I filtered you
out a month or so ago. Very nice first post, I must say.