How dangerous is coolant hose failure?

Old May 31st 07, 09:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Eric[_1_]

Default How dangerous is coolant hose failure?

wrote:

> OKay. . thanks for setting me straight, guys.
>
> The dealership actually wanted $430+tax to change 'em. Maybe they are
> cheap on oil changes but expensive on major work, I don't know.
> Didn't think to get an estimate from an independent shop at the time,
> 'cos I figured if it's in that ballpark I'll see if I can wait.
>
> Guess I'll start looking around now. Any recommendations for Seattle-
> area shops are welcome.

You cannot go wrong with
http://www.high-road.com I've known these guys
since about '87 or '88.

Eric
Old May 31st 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
rick++

I didnt notice a radiator failure on my 1990 civic for about an hour
(temp high)
and the engine lasted at least 50K after that.

I've had busted hoses. I've removed then, duct-taped them, and then
looked
for the nearest auto parts store.