Radar Detectors

Old September 16th 04, 09:57 PM
Max

Default Radar Detectors

Here is the deal:

I want to have myself a detector. The best one. However, I am most
concerned on "radar detector detectors" a la VG-2, which I do not want
to be seen by.

As a background, I am a very safe driver, and only exceed speed limits
in rural areas by relatively minor amounts (limit = 90km/h, but I
sometimes go faster when I feel it is completely safe) on nice days. But
I do want the extra mental security of the radar detector, and be able
to focus more of my concentration on actually driving my car instead of
scanning the countryside for Chevrolet Impalas and Ford Crown Victorias.

Basically I do not want a integrated system, or one that is obviously
apparent while driving, but one that is more or less immune to "detector
detectors", small enough to be easily stored somewhere for safekeeping
(a Saab glovebox, my pocket, etc) when parking, or another situation.
Also want to be very sensitive to any radar activity and still give no
false alarms. And I'd like it to be less expensive than my car.

The best of everything... if you will. I hear great things about the
Valentine 1, but it seems it's the same thing that was the dog's
******** in 1993, but today it seems dated - but I haven't had the
pleasure of using one.

Any tips on them?
Old September 17th 04, 09:10 PM
Max

Tegger® wrote:
> Max > muttered darkly in news:4149ffa2$1_1@aeinews.:
>

>>Here is the deal:
>>
>>I want to have myself a detector. The best one. However, I am most
>>concerned on "radar detector detectors" a la VG-2, which I do not want
>>to be seen by.

> I see you're in Canada, probably Quebec. In Quebec, the law is that
> "detecteurs de radar interdit". But then you already knew that...

sshhh.... I didn't see 'nuthin...

>>As a background, I am a very safe driver, and only exceed speed limits
>>in rural areas by relatively minor amounts

> Blah blah blah...
>
> Be honest; you don't wanna get caught exceeding the number on the sign,
> which you fully intend to do, right?

Hey, some of those provincial highways need to be travelled faster than
90 klicks to be fully appreciated...

> The Surete du Quebec will not ticket under 15km/h over, so you *must* be
> intending to do something different, right?

euh... erm... my speedometer is broken... (really it is, odo won't turn
and it says I am going 140 when I do 100...) ... and I can't find a
single scrapped Saab in Canada with a speedometer that fits....

> And hey, I'm doing real good these days. I haven't had a serious speeding
> ticket in at least three years.

what's "serious" ;>

Max.

Radar Detectors Halady Corvette 8 January 24th 05 12:27 AM
Radar detectors - frequencys ohsojojo General 1 August 22nd 04 04:33 AM