Changing inlet manifold coolant hose on an NA

Old August 26th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

Default Changing inlet manifold coolant hose on an NA

There's one small bore hose which runs under the inlet manifold. It's
the only hose I haven't changed yet, because I can't even see the end of it.

Any tips? Do you have to go in through the wheel arch?
Old August 27th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

"Zog The Undeniable" > wrote in message
> There's one small bore hose which runs under the inlet manifold.
> It's the only hose I haven't changed yet, because I can't even see
> the end of it.
>
> Any tips? Do you have to go in through the wheel arch?

Do you mean the hose that connects the intake manifold airvalve to the
thermostat? Looking at my Enthusiasts' Manual, that's the only one I
can think of that you might mean. It appears to go from the ISC value
on the underside of the throttle body to/from the thermostat. Since I
don't have an NA anymore (sob!) I can't go out and look.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old August 27th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

Iva wrote:
> "Zog The Undeniable" > wrote in message
>> There's one small bore hose which runs under the inlet manifold.
>> It's the only hose I haven't changed yet, because I can't even see
>> the end of it.
>>
>> Any tips? Do you have to go in through the wheel arch?

> Do you mean the hose that connects the intake manifold airvalve to the
> thermostat? Looking at my Enthusiasts' Manual, that's the only one I
> can think of that you might mean. It appears to go from the ISC value
> on the underside of the throttle body to/from the thermostat. Since I
> don't have an NA anymore (sob!) I can't go out and look.

No, it goes from the air valve to the "sandwich" oil cooler. It's
possible a 1.6 doesn't have one.