Chinese Tires Are Ordered Recalled

Old June 27th 07, 03:56 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Chairman Mao says:

Default Chinese Tires Are Ordered Recalled

Sue botyh then and hire a good Jew lawyer

oups.com...

Old June 27th 07, 04:27 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Alex

On Jun 26, 10:08 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> The lesson is that Chinese manufacturing / engineering culture isn't the
> same as Japan's, Korea's, or any one elses.
>
> Just like the pet food and the toothpaste, this is just typical
> made-in-china random design, process, and material changes. Now that more
> critical items are being made in china, the results of these practices
> are making the news. It wasn't going to make news back when they kept
> changing process and material on the plastic housings of the product I was
> working on a few years back. Afterall, it just meant someone's new
> electronic gizmo broke. Now, these random changes kill pets and
> could kill people so they make the news.

Part of the blame goes to the importers of these products for not
making
sure the items are meeting the proper standards. That's what happens
when you go with the lowest bid. People try to cut corners to make a
buck.
-----------------
Alex

Old June 27th 07, 04:27 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Eeyore

Roger Blake wrote:

> I have found that most Chinese-made products are absolute garbage,
> particularly when dealing with mechanical components where material
> specifications and manufacturing tolerances are critical. I'm talking
> about light bulbs that should more properly be labeled "flashbulbs,"
> wheel bearings that self-destruct in a few thousand miles, fuel filters
> that leak like sieves, engine mounts with bracket holes drilled in the
> wrong places, rubber and plastic products that crack and disintegrate,
> electrical products with unsafe wiring, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Your argument should realy be with the importer that palmed these off on you.

It is in fact perfectly possible to get top quality goods made in China but don't expect that
from a 3rd rate import agent. And of course the price may be a give-away too.

Graham

Old June 27th 07, 04:34 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, wrote:

>> > It is fun to discuss what if.
>> > But at pressent there is no evidence that it is the case.

>> It's not my fault you don't know these things about other cultures.

> Please what are the "these things about other cultures."

Try paying attention to the news some day. Not just the paris hilton
fluff either.

>> > I gues you never read any Chinese newspaper. Of course there are
>> > civil lawsuits n China.

>> I see the subtle meaning is lost on you... Do you really think an ordinary
>> person gets a fair shake in a police state like China?

> Are you trying to change the subject? I think we are talking about a
> Chinese company. No?

I am explaining what I wrote to you since it went over your head.
China has embraced corporativismo.

>> A chinese company can ignore a US court ruling if they don't have any
>> assets in the USA and work through importers. What is someone in the USA
>> going to do to collect? Have GWB send an invasion force?

> Only if the company is samll. But usually people do not import from
> small companies directly. They will import through a large trading
> company which
> serve as some kind of middle man. Anyway, the tire comapny appears
> to be a big one and its sells to other importers. It is likely that
> they will have
> asset in America.

Good luck collecting.

Hell even in the USA with all parties here it can often be difficult to
collect a civil judgement.

Old June 27th 07, 05:25 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Anthony Matonak[_2_]

Alex wrote:
> Part of the blame goes to the importers of these products for not
> making
> sure the items are meeting the proper standards. That's what happens
> when you go with the lowest bid. People try to cut corners to make a
> buck.

There is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone can have a little.
You might even lay some blame on the downtrodden Chinese workers who
haven't revolted and replaced their oppressive government with
something better. Ultimately, it's the United States Governments fault
for not having better trade agreements that would allow for making
Chinese factories as liable for bad products as United States factories.

Anthony
Old June 27th 07, 05:51 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Fake ID

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:
>N8N > wrote in
oups.com:

>American Consumer: Those tires say "Made in China" on them. In light of
>the various scandals involving Red China's industry, I do not trust
>them. Do you have any tires that are not made in China?

Once you're dealing with uncrupulous entities, everthing is suspect.
If they're willing to cheat on necessary ingredients they may also stamp
"Made in NotChina" on the outside.

Tires don't usually don't say where they're from. Figuring that out
requries looking up the plant code that's part of the serial number.

Old June 27th 07, 05:55 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Eeyore

Anthony Matonak wrote:

> You might even lay some blame on the downtrodden Chinese workers who
> haven't revolted and replaced their oppressive government with
> something better.

Bwahahaahhaahahaha !

You really ought to learn some history.

Graham

Old June 27th 07, 06:05 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Richard[_9_]

I always buy a tire manufactured by a reputable company in one of their
manufacturing plants. I check the DOT manufacturing code on the sidewall
and verify the city/country/plant owner of the manufacturing facility.
If the tire says Good Year on the label I double check that Good year owns
the manufacturing facility it was produced at and that it was not
subcontracted out.

oups.com...

Old June 27th 07, 08:22 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.china
Anthony Matonak[_2_]

Eeyore wrote:
> Anthony Matonak wrote:
>
>> You might even lay some blame on the downtrodden Chinese workers who
>> haven't revolted and replaced their oppressive government with
>> something better.

> Bwahahaahhaahahaha !
> You really ought to learn some history.

It's not like they would bring in the army and machine gun them all down
if they decided to protest. There is no way the freedom loving Americans
would stand for something like that.

Anthony
--
"Why Yes, I am sitting down."
Old June 27th 07, 08:52 AM posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

On Jun 26, 10:05 pm, "Richard" > wrote:
> I always buy a tire manufactured by a reputable company in one of their
> manufacturing plants. I check the DOT manufacturing code on the sidewall
> and verify the city/country/plant owner of the manufacturing facility.
> If the tire says Good Year on the label I double check that Good year owns
> the manufacturing facility it was produced at and that it was not
> subcontracted out.

It's too bad we have to do that. It would be nice if we could trust
that products being sold in the USA were actually good safe products,
without having to go to the store, get the specific information, and
then go back and research that information before making the actual
purchase.

Chinese Tires Are Ordered Recalled [email protected] Driving 91 July 2nd 07 06:31 PM
Just ordered my new Sky! Ray Cassick \(Home\) Saturn 4 April 1st 06 04:52 PM
04 Accord recalled Lowryter Honda 2 January 6th 05 11:23 PM
BMW E87 - Anyone around who ordered it? BMW 2 November 27th 04 03:17 PM
JUST ORDERED MY 05 ! BenF802961 Corvette 0 September 27th 04 05:45 PM