Nissan Patrol

Old February 22nd 04, 01:38 PM
aniram

Default Nissan Patrol

Does Nissan still make Nissan Patrol?
Is the Nissan Patrol market limited to the other parts of the world,
except North America?
In North America, what the Nissan Patrol would be similarly called ?
Pathfinder, Xterra, Armada or Murano?
Just Curious, since I hardly hear this car since the late 1960s.
Old February 22nd 04, 11:24 PM
Exit

aniram wrote:
> Does Nissan still make Nissan Patrol?
> Is the Nissan Patrol market limited to the other parts of the world,
> except North America?
> In North America, what the Nissan Patrol would be similarly called ?
> Pathfinder, Xterra, Armada or Murano?
> Just Curious, since I hardly hear this car since the late 1960s.

Here's what they sell in Britain:

http://www.nissan.co.uk/servlet/niss..._cb_splash.jsp

--
Julian
---------

Old March 4th 04, 10:55 AM
Brian Miller

aniram wrote:

> Does Nissan still make Nissan Patrol?
> Is the Nissan Patrol market limited to the other parts of the world,
> except North America?
> In North America, what the Nissan Patrol would be similarly called ?
> Pathfinder, Xterra, Armada or Murano?
> Just Curious, since I hardly hear this car since the late 1960s.

They sure do. They are basically Nissan's answer to Toyota Land Cruisers.

They aren't sold under any name in the USA. But they are sold throughout
Europe, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, parts of Africa, parts of
Central & South America and probably other places that don't come to mind
now.

I have one that's a few years old now (1998 model) that's going well.

The ones from the late 60's were called G60's (or L60's) and were close in
looks and design to the old 40 series Land Cruisers. The current Patrols
are basically like a cross between a Land Cruiser 80 and 100 series; just
built stronger.

Here's a page on my Patrol

http://bmiller.customer.netspace.net.au/4WDing/Patrol/

Just do a search on www.google.com for "nissan patrol" (in quotes) and you
will get more info than you could bother reading.

The current model is the GU:
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Nissan/GU.html

Before that was the GQ:
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Nissan/GQ.html

And before that was the MQ/MK, then going back the G60/L60. Take a look at:

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/Nissan/Nissan.html

for these too.

Brian
http://bmiller.customer.netspace.net.au/
Old March 4th 04, 09:20 PM
Joseph Wind

The later versions were called Safari, basically an updated Patrol
everywhere else except North America.

om...

Nissan L60 Patrol zeropilot 4x4 0 November 4th 04 03:27 AM
NISSAN PATROL CHAT Warren and Beth 4x4 0 June 5th 04 01:59 PM
Nissan Patrol aniram 4x4 6 March 4th 04 09:20 PM