Order parts from ??

Old September 2nd 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

Default Order parts from ??

I'm starting to work on my old 67. It's been awhile since I've had
time to do anything with it. So, I need some parts.

Nothing major, just some basic stuff like carb rebuild kit,
chrome lug bolts & center caps for Empi 5 spokes, new exhaust, etc...

Went to a few local places trying to find the carb kit and they either
just stared at me like I was nuts or laughed and said good luck.

Who orders parts from where ?
And do they have a website ?

Randy

Old September 2nd 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
j[_2_]

"Randy" > wrote:

> Who orders parts from where ?
> And do they have a website ?

www.aircooled.net

That's John C's place. The good thing about John is that if you write (see
the contact page), he will read it and not let you go wrong with your order.
John is brief, to the point, not a chatty guy, and always right. Super
reliable.

Old September 2nd 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

j wrote:
> "Randy" > wrote:
>
> > Who orders parts from where ?
> > And do they have a website ?

WWW.CIP1.com

you will find they have good parts at a very good price.

also WWW.Mamotorwoks.com

Shop around you will find most parts venders sell the same parts but
the prices varies.

Mario
Vintage Werks Resto

Old September 3rd 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg[_1_]

j wrote:
> "Randy" > wrote:
>
>> Who orders parts from where ?
>> And do they have a website ?

> www.aircooled.net
>
> That's John C's place. The good thing about John is that if you write (see
> the contact page), he will read it and not let you go wrong with your order.
> John is brief, to the point, not a chatty guy, and always right. Super
> reliable.

www.aircooled.net not the cheapest, but the best as in correct parts
being sent and quality, the latter is important, and varies allot with
other vendors! Even if things might seem the same.
Mr.Connolly is a stand up guy that will do his best to serve you right,
unlike most others.....

And I am on the other side of the globe, where most vendors like to
unload their ****e, cause they know you cant do diddley squat about it..

J.
Old September 3rd 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Tim Rogers

"Berg" > wrote in message
. ..

> www.aircooled.net not the cheapest, but the best as in correct parts
> being sent and quality, the latter is important, and varies allot with
> other vendors! Even if things might seem the same.
> Mr.Connolly is a stand up guy that will do his best to serve you right,
> unlike most others.....
>
> And I am on the other side of the globe, where most vendors like to
> unload their ****e, cause they know you cant do diddley squat about it..

........Well said Joern.

....I haven't bought any acvw parts for my bug from anyone else since John
first went into business several years ago. I don't know where I'd go if
Aircooled.Net wasn't available.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "Berg" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > www.aircooled.net not the cheapest, but the best as in correct parts
> > being sent and quality, the latter is important, and varies allot with
> > other vendors! Even if things might seem the same.
> > Mr.Connolly is a stand up guy that will do his best to serve you right,
> > unlike most others.....
> >
> > And I am on the other side of the globe, where most vendors like to
> > unload their ****e, cause they know you cant do diddley squat about it..
> >

> .......Well said Joern.
>
> ...I haven't bought any acvw parts for my bug from anyone else since John
> first went into business several years ago. I don't know where I'd go if
> Aircooled.Net wasn't available.

Another "me too" post on aircooled.net.
John C makes sure that you get the right part and stands behind what he
sells. I always check him first.

I also like www.oeveedub.com - they have a good selection of body
panels and seem to be the thickest.

www.wolfsburgwest.com has good stuff as well.

Recently tried www2.cip1.com - just bought some piddly (grommets,
hardware, etc) stuff but it was all in good order and shipping was
really fast.

JCWhitney is total junk.

Old September 3rd 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

"Remco" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I also like www.oeveedub.com - they have a good selection of body
> panels and seem to be the thickest.

In that case - be sure to explain carfully what you want - maybe draw a
picture ;-)

Rich

Old September 3rd 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

tricky wrote:
> "Remco" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> > I also like www.oeveedub.com - they have a good selection of body
> > panels and seem to be the thickest.
> >

> In that case - be sure to explain carfully what you want - maybe draw a
> picture ;-)
>
> Rich

Darn you English with your dry wit!!

Old September 4th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

"tricky" > wrote in message

> "Remco" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> > I also like www.oeveedub.com - they have a good selection of body
> > panels and seem to be the thickest.
> >

> In that case - be sure to explain carfully what you want - maybe draw a
> picture ;-)
>
> Rich

Rich, get your coat !

James

Old September 4th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

"Remco" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> tricky wrote:
>> "Remco" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>
>> > I also like www.oeveedub.com - they have a good selection of body
>> > panels and seem to be the thickest.
>> >

>> In that case - be sure to explain carfully what you want - maybe draw a
>> picture ;-)
>>
>> Rich

> Darn you English with your dry wit!!

Sorry ... couldn't resist !

Rich

AWA [DEMAND] Automotive Parts Large Order [email protected] General 0 March 14th 06 01:51 AM
AWA [OFFER] Small Engine Parts, for Briggs, Tecumseh, Kohler, etc. [email protected] General 0 January 25th 06 05:51 PM
online / mail order parts Rusted Honda 1 April 20th 05 07:37 AM
F.S. RUST FREE 80's BLAZER,PICKUP PARTS, in NH, ME (Military) MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 2 March 27th 04 05:49 PM
1953 - 1975 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CHASSIS and BODY PARTS CATALOG Tom Hall General 0 January 27th 04 11:22 PM