HDTV gaming

Old November 29th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default HDTV gaming

You are incorrect sir. DLP has NO LCD. You are thinking of the Sony
rear-projections.

-Larry

Old November 29th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 02:03:47 -0500, Larry wrote:

> Don't get me wrong. I like LCD's. I have FIVE of them around me in my
> office as I type this, including a 19" widescreen sony up on the wall
> playing "House".

I bought a Viewsonic HDTV LCD and I hated it, it got edge burn in where I
had been watching SD TV at 4:3 ratio so took it back for a refund. May get
a DLP now and see how that goes. I used to have a Samsung LCD for my
computer too but traded that to someone for a 21" IBM P275 CRT and much
prefer that for gaming on.
Old November 29th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 02:04:32 -0500, Larry wrote:

> You are incorrect sir. DLP has NO LCD. You are thinking of the Sony
> rear-projections.
>
> -Larry

OK, I was confused by the this review of the Sony as it says it uses LCD
and the site lists it under DLP TV's. I remember reading once about some
issue using the mirrors cause but can't remember exactly what it was.
Something to do with the color reproduction or something like that - color
wheel maybe?

http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/sony-kdfe42a10.html
Old November 30th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

Probably referring to Rainbow Effect. Some people see rainbows in the image
with DLP.

Old November 30th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:11:50 GMT, schooner wrote:

> Probably referring to Rainbow Effect. Some people see rainbows in the image
> with DLP.

Yea, that's it. How much of an issue is this? I have fairly critical eyes.
Old November 30th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

Some people are effected by it, others are not. Has nothing to do with
having a critical eye, its just some thing that only certain people see.

news

Old November 30th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RAID!!!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:49:09 GMT, schooner wrote:

> Some people are effected by it, others are not. Has nothing to do with
> having a critical eye, its just some thing that only certain people see.

OK, thanks, I'll have to go view some and see if I notice it. This website
says the issue is more of a problem with older DLP sets.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...chnology2.html

What is the Rainbow Effect? The DLP 'rainbow effect' is an artifact unique
to single-chip DLP projectors. The artifact appears as a rainbow or
multi-color shimmer briefly noticeable when changing focus from one part of
the projector screen to another. It appears as a secondary image that
appears at the viewer's peripheral vision and is generally noticeable when
shifting focus from a high contrast area or bright object. For a quick
video sample of the effect, click here (warning: 5MB video).

3-chip DLP projectors, higher wheel speeds, 7-segment color wheels, and
archimedes color wheel designs (pending) are minimizing or may altogether
elminate the effect.
Old December 1st 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

No problems with color wheel here, and none that I have generally read
about.

-Larry

Old December 1st 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

It has nothing to do with eyes. It has to do with brain wiring from what I
understand.

All you have to do is look at a DLP. You either have it, or you don't. You
don't 'catch' it. You are born with it.

-Larry

news

Old December 1st 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

The site brings up another important point, and that's the DLP Chipset used
in the TV.

And you can't go just by the number, thinking higher is better. This is not
necessarily the case.

When I bought my HLP-5085, the mainstay for a long time was the HD2. Then
TV's came out with the HD3 chipset, which was not in fact technologically
more advanced, but packaged cheaper so manufacturers could sell TV's
cheaper.

The HD3 was, in fact, inferior to the HD2 in most cases.

The high-end at the time, which is what my TV has, was the HD2+. I think it
is still the high-end except for the new 1080P sets. I'm not sure what the
chipset number is for them.

The HD2+ also uses the 7 segment color wheel, improving contrast.

-Larry

"RAID!!!" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:49:09 GMT, schooner wrote:
>
>> Some people are effected by it, others are not. Has nothing to do with
>> having a critical eye, its just some thing that only certain people see.

> OK, thanks, I'll have to go view some and see if I notice it. This website
> says the issue is more of a problem with older DLP sets.
>
> http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...chnology2.html
>
> What is the Rainbow Effect? The DLP 'rainbow effect' is an artifact unique
> to single-chip DLP projectors. The artifact appears as a rainbow or
> multi-color shimmer briefly noticeable when changing focus from one part
> of
> the projector screen to another. It appears as a secondary image that
> appears at the viewer's peripheral vision and is generally noticeable when
> shifting focus from a high contrast area or bright object. For a quick
> video sample of the effect, click here (warning: 5MB video).
>
> 3-chip DLP projectors, higher wheel speeds, 7-segment color wheels, and
> archimedes color wheel designs (pending) are minimizing or may altogether
> elminate the effect.

THIS IS SO REAL PEOPLE! NEED MONEY FOR MY GAMING ADDICTION! Marcus Chrysler 0 October 17th 06 11:04 PM
MHO GAMING Gary Kendall Simulators 2 May 9th 06 05:22 AM
Larger screen gaming?? Destroy Simulators 21 June 3rd 05 11:26 PM
Heat Issues while gaming Dave Henrie Simulators 8 November 12th 04 03:24 PM
Personal Motion Bases for Flight or Gaming Simulation WillyB4120 Simulators 0 October 22nd 04 04:53 AM