Euro. Sports Car Conversion(?)

Old January 19th 15, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Euro. Sports Car Conversion(?)

On Sunday, December 14, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Matt Shaver wrote:
> > I'd really like to use the Rover V-8, just due to the
> > low weight (310 lbs, wow.) There even appear to
> > be people producing high proformance parts for it.

> I have a couple of these engines I pulled from early 60's Buicks that I'll
> sell you cheap. I'll never use them, so if you're at all interested make an
> offer.
>
> Matt Shaver

I'm working on a tr7 conversion using an Olds 215, still have parts engines?

Old February 3rd 15, 10:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
M.A. Stewart

) writes:
> On Sunday, December 14, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Matt Shaver wrote:
>> > I'd really like to use the Rover V-8, just due to the
>> > low weight (310 lbs, wow.) There even appear to
>> > be people producing high proformance parts for it.

>> I have a couple of these engines I pulled from early 60's Buicks that I'll
>> sell you cheap. I'll never use them, so if you're at all interested make an
>> offer.
>>
>> Matt Shaver
>>

> I'm working on a tr7 conversion using an Olds 215, still have parts engines?

free trivia... Bruce Mclaren (Mclaren Cars) in the 1960's raced in the
Can-Am (Canadian-American Challenge Series) with a mid-engine
Mclaren-Elva-Oldsmobile. It had a 215 cubic-inch Traco-modified Oldsmobile
aluminium V-8 in it. He won most of the races. His only real competition
was from a Texan, named Jim Hall, that built his own cars called the
Chaparral. Hall ran with small block Chevys and sometimes an _automatic_
transmission!. The Chaparrals were the first racing cars to employ
spoilers front and rear, most notably a huge wing on the rear. Jim Hall
also fielded a Chaparral, nicknamed the 'sucker car', which vacuumed
itself to the race track (it had a large suction fan at the rear)!

As a child in the 1960's we use to watch the Can-Am races at Le Circuit,
Mont Tremblant, Quebec. Jim Hall's Chaparrals were cool, but we always
cheered for Bruce!