Why does Bush go on vacation during war?

Old April 6th 05, 09:22 PM
artie beamer

Default Why does Bush go on vacation during war?

What happened to the war on terror? How come there have been no terror
alerts after the election ?
Old April 6th 05, 09:34 PM

Why does Bush go on vacation during war? Maybe he has a timeshare and
that's the only date available. Why do CEO's go on vacation when tech
support people in their company are still answering the phones?
Because they don't have to answer the phones and Bush doesn't need to
carry a rifle. Seems straightforward to me.

Old April 6th 05, 10:06 PM
Plowboy

Going on vacation? ROFLMAO...

you dont think he's on duty 24-7? you must be from countries that have
Kings...
Bugger off you nincompoop..

artie beamer enlightened us with:

Old April 7th 05, 02:34 AM
Alan Bernardo

"artie beamer" > wrote in message
. ..
> What happened to the war on terror? How come there have been no terror
> alerts after the election ?

George probably grabbed the LFS S2 Demo and headed to Texas.

Try staying to the right newsgroups and you might get some challenging
replies.

Alanb

Old April 7th 05, 02:52 AM
Tiny Lund

"artie beamer" > wrote in message
. ..
> What happened to the war on terror? How come there have been no terror
> alerts after the election ?

Very simple answer: When war is being waged and won by the most potent and
technologically advanced military in the world, the threat decreases. It may
have happened sooner, but there were 8 years in the 90's of failed
leadership, that left the intelligence community impotent, and the military
weak.

Old April 7th 05, 03:43 AM
alex martini

So does this potent military running on a 1 trillion dollar foreign debt
thinking about invading a nation other than a third world backwater?

Old April 7th 05, 04:01 AM
Bill Bollinger

1 trillion dollard foreign debt is penuts when your GDP is over 6 trillion
per year

Bill Bollinger

Old April 7th 05, 04:03 AM
alex martini

Glad you think a trillion dollar debt is peanuts - but hey, you're gonna pay
for it - and the interest - for the rest of your life, not to mention your
kids too, so have fun and don't forget to thank the euroweenies for
providing your war funds - and while you're at it, enjoy your social
security - it's currently being used to bring democracy and freedom to an
ungrteful world. Whatcha gonna do, some people eh! Next thing you know, the
US'll go bankrupt just like all empires before it, and all to bring
democracy to the world - yes, white man's burdern, ain't it a bitch!
om...

Old April 7th 05, 04:12 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in message

> "artie beamer" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> What happened to the war on terror? How come there have been no terror
>> alerts after the election ?

> Very simple answer: When war is being waged and won by the most potent
> and technologically advanced military in the world, the threat decreases.
> It may have happened sooner, but there were 8 years in the 90's of failed
> leadership, that left the intelligence community impotent, and the
> military weak.

The threat, when it finally comes, is always from within. Keep the economy
going the way it's going, keep gas prices as high as they are, and keep a
great majority of the American population dissatisfied, because of job loss
and lowering wages, and you have trouble.

It is pretty well established (at least in my mind) that the war in Iraq was
Bush's way to revenge his father. I agree with the fact that oil flow has
to be secure in the region, but, according to the Bush Administration, that
was not America's reason for entering the war.

We can blow up all the weak countries in the world and become isolated, with
no friends abroad. Then, when America starts to boil over, the 10%
satisfied (corporations and the like) feeling a bit uncomfortable with the
dissatisfied rest, then we have problems.

And they will be yours, not mine.

Alanb

Old April 7th 05, 05:46 AM
Bill Bollinger

Well Alex, first off the maximum maturity date on all treasury bonds
currently being offered is 20 years. A few years ago it was out to 30
years, therefore, to say we will pay for it forever is incorrect. 2nd, if
we have a GDP growth rate of 3-4% over the next 20 years, the rates we are
paying today is peanuts. 3rd, the euroweenies provide hardly any of what
you call "war funds" (Do you even know who buys most of the US Debt?).
Lastly, you may want to channel this energy in a more positive way and thank
god that you live in a country that allows you to spout this rubbish in a
public fashion.