2002 Town and Country - AC Fan only on high speed?

Old June 2nd 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Leythos

Default 2002 Town and Country - AC Fan only on high speed?

I have a CH Town and Country Minivan, the AC (internal) fans, both the
front and rear ones, work only on High Speed - they do not work on
slower speeds. Since both fans do this I'm guessing a fuse?

Anyone else see this?

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
Old June 3rd 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"Leythos" > wrote in message
. ..
>I have a CH Town and Country Minivan, the AC (internal) fans, both the
> front and rear ones, work only on High Speed - they do not work on
> slower speeds. Since both fans do this I'm guessing a fuse?
>
> Anyone else see this?

On the LH car version of the electronically controlled A/C, the fan speed os
controlled by an electronic unit which proved to be very unreliable. So
that's where I've seen that happen. When it screwed up, mine stuck on high.
It costs about $500, so high didn't seem such a bad thing after I found that
out.

Old June 3rd 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Leythos

In article >, says...

> "Leythos" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >I have a CH Town and Country Minivan, the AC (internal) fans, both the
> > front and rear ones, work only on High Speed - they do not work on
> > slower speeds. Since both fans do this I'm guessing a fuse?
> >
> > Anyone else see this?
> >

> On the LH car version of the electronically controlled A/C, the fan speed os
> controlled by an electronic unit which proved to be very unreliable. So
> that's where I've seen that happen. When it screwed up, mine stuck on high.
> It costs about $500, so high didn't seem such a bad thing after I found that
> out.

We don't have the Limited, and our controls are a Dial type speed
selector for speed (4 or 5 positions) one for the front and one the
back, both do the same.

I've been reading about a Resistor block that can be replaced for about
$40 (you buy and do the work) and about a electronic version that is
just some FET that is located behind the glove-box...

I don't know where mine is, but I suspect it's the resistor type as we
don't have the Climate control like my 4Runner Limited does.

Old June 3rd 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Leythos wrote:

> We don't have the Limited, and our controls are a Dial type speed
> selector for speed (4 or 5 positions) one for the front and one the
> back, both do the same.
>
> I've been reading about a Resistor block that can be replaced for about
> $40 (you buy and do the work) and about a electronic version that is
> just some FET that is located behind the glove-box...
>
> I don't know where mine is, but I suspect it's the resistor type as we
> don't have the Climate control like my 4Runner Limited does.

Consider also that the blower motors load the resistor paks more as they
age. People often find that a new resistor pak will burn up in a short
time. If that happens, you then know that you need to replace the
blower motors along with the burned up resistor paks - otherwise, you
will just keep going thru new resistor paks.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old June 3rd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Leythos

In article >, says...
> Leythos wrote:
>
> > We don't have the Limited, and our controls are a Dial type speed
> > selector for speed (4 or 5 positions) one for the front and one the
> > back, both do the same.
> >
> > I've been reading about a Resistor block that can be replaced for about
> > $40 (you buy and do the work) and about a electronic version that is
> > just some FET that is located behind the glove-box...
> >
> > I don't know where mine is, but I suspect it's the resistor type as we
> > don't have the Climate control like my 4Runner Limited does.

> Consider also that the blower motors load the resistor paks more as they
> age. People often find that a new resistor pak will burn up in a short
> time. If that happens, you then know that you need to replace the
> blower motors along with the burned up resistor paks - otherwise, you
> will just keep going thru new resistor paks.

Since I have a fan speed in the front dash for both and then the rear
speed about the second seat (roof), where would the second resistor pack
be located (near the 1st on in the Dash?)?