diferents in 5.0l motors

Old July 27th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
peter

Default diferents in 5.0l motors

> There *were* some Cougars and Thunderbirds with HO engines, you just
> have to look at it to see.

interesting discussion...i think it would be useful for all, (especially
me), if someone would present a field guide to 5.0 ho cars?!?!
thanks,
peter
Old July 27th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John[_5_]

"trainfan1" > wrote in message
> hrvoje wrote:
>> The T-Bird had the 5.0 HO motor, mine was a 1993 LX.

> No it didn't. The VIN "T" 5.0 155hp was the only factory 5.0 in the '93
> Thunderbird.
>
> Rob

My 91 XR7 is a 5.0L HO. Only offered the V6 or 5.0L HO in the Cougars for
'91. Don't know about the t-birds but these cars were almost exactly the
same mechanically for that series.

--
John

Old July 27th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
walt peifer

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> walt peifer wrote:
>> "peter" > wrote in message
>> y.net...
>>> hi,
>>> i just have another of my infrequent question you are so helpful with.
>>> i am thinking of a resto-mod on a '68.
>>>
>>> is there differences in the 86 - 93 5.0l motors in the mustangs?
>>> do other cars have the same/similar motor/emc's?
>>> some people uss the irs rear eds for the early 90's t-bird also, right?
>>> did the t-bird come with the 5.0l?
>>>
>>> tia,
>>> peter

>> Yes there are differences internally to the motor. Mustangs came with the
>> 5.0 HO which is true roller motor, the cam and valve specs are different,
>> the rocker are different, the pressure settings and diameters of the fuel
>> nozzles are different, and they require a different computer to run
>> correctly. There are numerous articles on the internet talking about this
>> swap. Do you want to keep the Fuel injection or do you want to carb the
>> car? AOD/C4 4 speed vs 5 speed.
>> yes the t-bird had 5.0 through 93 however it is not the HO motor.post 94
>> cougars and t-birds got the 4.6 putting the IRS in an early car requires
>> some extensive suspension mods as this rear is a four link set up with
>> coil overs' and your car is a frame rail mounted leaf spring set up.
>>

> There *were* some Cougars and Thunderbirds with HO engines, you just
> have to look at it to see.
>
> --
>
> I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
> One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com
>
> Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
> as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. - Cadbury
> Moose

in 1993 there were only 2 engine options for the cougar regardless of trim
package the 3.8 v-6 and the sefi 5.0
http://www.coolcats.net/mn12/1993.html

the thunderbird had a wider range of engine choices
including the 3.8 efi and a supercharged V-6. The 5.0 HO used from 91-93 was
infact a detuned version of the HO used in the mustangs it was rated at 200
HP..in 1994 all t-bird v-8 were the 4.6 mod motors in the SOHC configuration

Old July 27th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John[_5_]

"walt peifer" > wrote in message

> in 1993 there were only 2 engine options for the cougar regardless of trim
> package the 3.8 v-6 and the sefi 5.0
> http://www.coolcats.net/mn12/1993.html

That 200hp 5.0L listed *IS* the HO engine for the MN12, the standard 5.0L
(155hp) wasn't offered in the cats.
I'm not sure if that is what you're saying below

Old July 28th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[SS]

trainfan1 wrote:

> He should know, he probably doesn't. Show me a VIN for a 5.0 HO in a
> '93 & I'll go along with it.
>
> Rob

I don't GAF about VINs. And both cars are long sold. I am highly
knowledgeable about the differences having owned both a Marquis and a
Mustang and I know 100% for a fact that this 92 model Cougar had a 5.0
HO in it AND had monikers on the sides of the car on the molding that
distinctly said HO. You can argue with me all you want but that doesn't
change the fact that these two cars existed.

I can't stand doing other peoples home work...

"1992 Mercury Cougar: The 1992 XR7 hit the showrooms with new alloy
wheels and a freshened interior that includes new seat and door trim. In
addition, the parking brake is now activated by a floor-mounted pedal
instead of a console-mounted lever. To mark the 25th anniversary of the
Cougar a special LS model arrives midyear, equipped with a distinctive
monochromatic color scheme, the H.O. 5.0-liter V8, BBS aluminum wheels,
and special trim."

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/u...x.cfm/id/2064/

Old July 28th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> trainfan1 wrote:
>

>> He should know, he probably doesn't. Show me a VIN for a 5.0 HO in a
>> '93 & I'll go along with it.
>>
>> Rob

> I don't GAF about VINs.

You should. Marti cares...

> And both cars are long sold. I am highly
> knowledgeable about the differences having owned both a Marquis and a
> Mustang and I know 100% for a fact that this 92 model Cougar had a 5.0
> HO in it AND had monikers on the sides of the car on the molding that
> distinctly said HO. You can argue with me all you want but that doesn't
> change the fact that these two cars existed.

I stand corrected. Thanks for refraining from actual use of profanity.
There were thousands & thousands of these cars.

The '91 to '93 T-Bird & Cougar were offered w/ a 200 HP version of the
5.0 HO referred to as VIN "T".

De-tuned slightly from the Mustang, w/ different exhaust manifolds.

I think this version of the 5.0 was finally retired after the 2001
Explorer/Mariner.

Rob
Old July 28th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

hrvoje wrote:

> Ya it was a 5.0 HO and my car had more than 155 HP, LOL

I stand corrected.

Old July 30th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

peter wrote:
> hi,
> i just have another of my infrequent question you are so helpful with.
> i am thinking of a resto-mod on a '68.
>
> is there differences in the 86 - 93 5.0l motors in the mustangs?
> do other cars have the same/similar motor/emc's?
> some people uss the irs rear eds for the early 90's t-bird also, right?
> did the t-bird come with the 5.0l?
>
> tia,
> peter

If you want to convert it to a carb, it doesn't matter too much.
85 and up cars had roller cams. Trucks got the rollers later. Mustangs
and trucks had the good heads.
There's is nothing special about Mustang blocks that make them more
desirable. The firing order is determined by the cam you choose. HO is
something you stick on your fender or model in the basement.

Old July 30th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Old July 30th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Blue Mesteno[_1_]

> wrote
>HO is something you stick on your fender or model in the basement.

Or the name you address your alimony/child support checks to.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302