Alfa exhaust original vs pattern???

Old October 28th 04, 10:37 AM
DJ

Default Alfa exhaust original vs pattern???

I have to replace the mid section of my Alfa Spider (99 V) exhaust
and have been advised to get oringial alfa parts. But this is over
twice the cost of say Kwik Fit. Are there any real advantages to
getting original exhaustss parts?
Old October 28th 04, 01:39 PM
Catman

DJ wrote:

> I have to replace the mid section of my Alfa Spider (99 V) exhaust
> and have been advised to get oringial alfa parts. But this is over
> twice the cost of say Kwik Fit. Are there any real advantages to
> getting original exhaustss parts?

Some pattern parts are pretty dire

I use Bosal with good effect
try
www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk
They have a full Bosal catalogue on line
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 28th 04, 01:40 PM
Richard Fantom

I'd recommend a Ragazzon mid section - should fit fine into the existing
system
try www.ragazzon.it
supplied in UK by www.poweralfa.com

m...

Old October 28th 04, 06:28 PM
Alfistagj

In 1999 my local Kwikfit shop got an original Alfa mid section as he
couldn't get his hands on another one.
All in all 35% cheaper than my dealer offered me and original!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"DJ" > schreef in bericht
m...

Old October 28th 04, 10:05 PM
Karl

Try a company called powerflow, they hand build stainless steel systems on
the car and can still work out cheaper than alfa originals. i have a full
powerflow system on my 75 and it is sweet.

Thanks

Karl

m...

Old October 28th 04, 10:26 PM
Catman

Karl wrote:

> Try a company called powerflow, they hand build stainless steel systems on
> the car and can still work out cheaper than alfa originals. i have a full
> powerflow system on my 75 and it is sweet.

How much was it, Karl? I need a custom job for the Giulietta

Old October 28th 04, 11:02 PM
Ppelectron

>>I have to replace the mid section of my Alfa Spider (99 V) exhaust
>> and have been advised to get oringial alfa parts. But this is over
>> twice the cost of say Kwik Fit. Are there any real advantages to
>> getting original exhaustss parts?

I don't think the quality of the parts is a major problem. The problem is
usually with the quality of the fitting. I let a back street garage do my 156
exhaust and I saved lots of money. But the job was butchered and I have never
been happy with it. I think Kwik Fit are pretty good in general and I have
previously bought tyres and exhausts there for other cars. The fitters seem
quite well trained. But my next Alfa exhaust will be from the local main dealer
because frankly, nobody else seems confident enough to work on the car.

Phil 156 V6 1998
Old October 28th 04, 11:50 PM
SteveH

Alfistagj > wrote:

> In 1999 my local Kwikfit shop got an original Alfa mid section as he
> couldn't get his hands on another one.
> All in all 35% cheaper than my dealer offered me and original!!

The original will just be a Bosal or Timax in Alfa packaging....
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old October 28th 04, 11:51 PM
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> DJ wrote:
>
> > I have to replace the mid section of my Alfa Spider (99 V) exhaust
> > and have been advised to get oringial alfa parts. But this is over
> > twice the cost of say Kwik Fit. Are there any real advantages to
> > getting original exhaustss parts?

> Some pattern parts are pretty dire
>
> I use Bosal with good effect
> try
> www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk
> They have a full Bosal catalogue on line

Of course, OEM exhausts are usually made by Bosal or Timax anyway, so
you're more than likely buying the original spec. part but without the
cost of OEM wrapping.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL