Removing heavy tar spot / brake dirt from wheels?

Old June 12th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Removing heavy tar spot / brake dirt from wheels?

I have a set of Alpina alloys which were looked after rather badly by my
ex-girlfriend. They have quite a lot of tar spots and brake dust
deposits that I'm struggling to remove. I normally use Wonder Wheels
(dulite acid) but it's not doing the job in this case.

Any ideas?

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old June 12th 06, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"John Burns" > wrote
>I have a set of Alpina alloys which were looked after rather badly by my
> ex-girlfriend. They have quite a lot of tar spots and brake dust
> deposits that I'm struggling to remove. I normally use Wonder Wheels
> (dulite acid) but it's not doing the job in this case.
>
> Any ideas?

Don't know if you've got it over there, but TurtleWax bug & tar remover
has worked good for me. It's got some sort of "petroleum distillates"
in it: http://www.turtlewax.com/products/pages/t-520.htm
Took the dust off pretty well, and removed tar and pitch ok. There
are others, but probably not sold in the UK/Scotland.

FloydR

Old June 12th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

John Burns wrote:
> I have a set of Alpina alloys which were looked after rather badly by my
> ex-girlfriend. They have quite a lot of tar spots and brake dust
> deposits that I'm struggling to remove. I normally use Wonder Wheels
> (dulite acid) but it's not doing the job in this case.
>
> Any ideas?

T - Cut ?

Dave

drum brake lockup issue... Nate Nagel Technology 14 March 20th 06 12:02 AM
brake pads rubbing against disc when brakes are not applied [email protected] Technology 5 August 10th 05 03:43 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Anyone have KLEEN WHEELS BRAKE DUST SHIELDS on thier car ?? dave Corvette 8 May 24th 05 03:14 AM
2002 325 - replace standard wheels with 17" sport wheels Brandon BMW 3 March 12th 05 08:07 AM