Aftermarket Brake Pads

Old July 30th 05, 10:01 PM
DavidB

Default Aftermarket Brake Pads

I don't like the way my 2002 CR-V brakes feel - not enough "bite" to
the pedal even though the brakes work fine. But I don't know anything
about this (and many other) subjects. Would ceramic pads improve the
feel of the brake pedal without sacrificing performance?
Old July 31st 05, 12:04 AM

Take a look at what www.ebcbrakes.com has to offer for your car.
Affordable and good brakes. You'd want the Greenstuff brakepads, and
maybe the TurboGroove discs.

-Edit: Found this:-

Front GreenStuff: DP 21655
Rear GreenStuff: DP 21193

Front Discs (TurboGroove): D1214

--
strepto
strepto's Profile: http://Club3series.com336

Old July 31st 05, 12:25 AM
Professor

Ceramic impregnated pads are advertised to give better braking. As far
as I'm concerned... the jury is still out.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old July 31st 05, 02:18 AM
slim

Buy OEM Honda pads.

--
"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain --
I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the
Old August 2nd 05, 01:37 PM
Nick

Has this problem recently started? How many miles do you have on your
CR-V? Has the dealer resurfaced your rotors and if so, how many times?
You may also want to check out how much thinkness is left on your
rotors as this could be a sign that you need to get new rotors.

Nick

Old August 2nd 05, 02:36 PM

> Buy OEM Honda pads.

Why? Even the upgraded brakepads from EBC are cheaper then the OEM
ones.

Old August 2nd 05, 02:53 PM

NO no no no no no..

EBC greenstuff --> sucked, POS

you guys have to read about it on many other forum.....forget about
EBC..

A VERY GOOD COMBINATION:
-Hawk HPS brake pad
-Poweslot rotor

they make a very good combination....

there WAS a combination, namely Brembo Blank+AEM Nissin.
turns out...after quite a while....several vendor came out with a
conclusion that brembo blank tends to crack after a certain use.......

--
_karu_
_karu_'s Profile: http://Club3series.com361

Old August 2nd 05, 02:56 PM

Not very related to the topic....but here's a good information that I
got from a very experienced member on my civic forum........

Provided by Zzyzx of 7thgencivic.com

heres a quick summary:

1. Cross drilled rotors DO NOTHING to improve braking or Reduceing
Brake Fade.
2. Cryogenically Treating Rotors does nothing.
3. Changing the rear drums to Disks may actually Hinder braking.
4. Big Brake Kits in the front (Only) may also Hinder Braking.
5. Big brake kits can wreak havoc on ABS systems causing a measurable
increase in stoping distance.
6. your tires may be the most important part of your braking system
(After all you can only stop as quickly as your tires will let you).

Old August 2nd 05, 04:26 PM
Elle

> wrote
> > Buy OEM Honda pads.

> Why? Even the upgraded brakepads from EBC are cheaper then the OEM
> ones.

From reading here and elsewhere in the past year or so, the risk is that
non-OEM pads will reduce rotor life. E.g. harder non-OEM pads will reduce
rotor thickness more quickly than softer OEM ones.

OEM pads are not that expensive compared to "high quality" OEM ones.

I confess I have some expensive non-OEM pads on my 91 Civic now. But they
cost about the same as the OEM ones! In hindsight, I wish I'd bought OEM
ones. I monitor my brake pad and rotor thicknesses closely. So far so good.