Trolling for line cutters..

Old July 13th 05, 01:47 AM
Nate Nagel

Default Trolling for line cutters..

Doug Warner wrote:
> A two lane road, the right / through lane is backed up at the light
> about 1/2 mile. The left lane ends at the light with left-only
> arrows, and has no cars in it.
>
> As I wait in the through lane for my turn through the light, I see
> local assholes running all the way up the left turn lane and cutting
> in front of the line just before the light.
>
> When the light turns red with me about 3 cars back, I stop and leave
> some "bait" in the form of a car length gap in front of me. Sure
> enough, an asshole line jumper comes up in the left turn lane and
> moves for the gap..
> I pull forward, and he stops, waiting to pull in behind me. I stop,
> then slowly move forward with him.. He yells, blows his horn, and I
> point to the left, the way the arrows on the road show he should be
> going.
>
> He waited there, blocking the left lane for 4 minutes, and cut in
> front of the truck behind me when I moved on the green light.
>
> At least I got a chance to delay one of these assholes for a while. I
> only wish a cop had come along and busted him for bocking the left
> turn lane.
>
> It's strange.. These "people" probably wouldn't think of cutting in
> front of a line at a theater or amusement park ride, but they'll do
> exactly the same thing when in their cars..

I don't get it either.

here's where I usually see it:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...40&Y=21525&W=1

(stolen from another thread)

see at the bottom of the image the big, empty road with no cars on it
leading nowhere? And the two lanes *with* cars merging onto the wide
street leading onto the bridge? That's where the Southeast Freeway ends
and dumps onto Pennsylvania Avenue. Now during rush hour it backs up a
little bit as there's a light at the end of the ramp there. Also the
freeway is three lanes but only two of them go anywhere (as it was
supposed to continue on north, but the only bit that was ever built is
what is now an access road for RFK Stadium) So the left lane ends, and
there's big signs saying such. But of course, when traffic comes to a
stop, you can look in your mirrors and see people pulling out from
behind you into the left lane, blasting up to the front, and then
stopping where the RFK access road splits off with their blinker on
waiting for some enabler to let them in. I am usually in the middle
(leftmost proper) lane as I'll be turning left at the other end of the
bridge on Pennsylvania, so I have to mix it up with these boneheads.

Sadly they usually only have to wait for two or three cars to pass.
Personally I never let anyone in, but others aren't so considerate of
those behind them. Today however I watched a little old lady park her
car inches off my rear bumper as we rolled on through, and had to laugh.
Go grandma.

Also I got cussed at on the Anacostia Freeway by some gangsta looking
types in a pimped out Neon today because the passengers didn't
understand the difference between through traffic and merging traffic,
and seemed to think that because I let in the car in front of them that
I ought to have let them in as well. (shakes head)

Now here's a puzzle for the ages... why, as ****ty as the roads are in
DC, to people still insist on running wire wheels with low profile
tires? They look freaking retarded once they're out of true, and can't
drive worth a crap either.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old July 13th 05, 02:25 AM
Dave Head

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:30:06 -0400, Doug Warner > wrote:

>A two lane road, the right / through lane is backed up at the light
>about 1/2 mile. The left lane ends at the light with left-only
>arrows, and has no cars in it.
>
>As I wait in the through lane for my turn through the light, I see
>local assholes running all the way up the left turn lane and cutting
>in front of the line just before the light.
>
>When the light turns red with me about 3 cars back, I stop and leave
>some "bait" in the form of a car length gap in front of me. Sure
>enough, an asshole line jumper comes up in the left turn lane and
>moves for the gap..
>I pull forward, and he stops, waiting to pull in behind me. I stop,
>then slowly move forward with him.. He yells, blows his horn, and I
>point to the left, the way the arrows on the road show he should be
>going.
>
>He waited there, blocking the left lane for 4 minutes, and cut in
>front of the truck behind me when I moved on the green light.
>
>At least I got a chance to delay one of these assholes for a while. I
>only wish a cop had come along and busted him for bocking the left
>turn lane.
>
>It's strange.. These "people" probably wouldn't think of cutting in
>front of a line at a theater or amusement park ride, but they'll do
>exactly the same thing when in their cars..

'Cuz they'd be more likely to get a knuckle sandwich if they did it while on
foot...

Old July 13th 05, 03:19 AM
Harry K

Doug Warner wrote:
> A two lane road, the right / through lane is backed up at the light
> about 1/2 mile. The left lane ends at the light with left-only
> arrows, and has no cars in it.
>
> As I wait in the through lane for my turn through the light, I see
> local assholes running all the way up the left turn lane and cutting
> in front of the line just before the light.
>
> When the light turns red with me about 3 cars back, I stop and leave
> some "bait" in the form of a car length gap in front of me. Sure
> enough, an asshole line jumper comes up in the left turn lane and
> moves for the gap..
> I pull forward, and he stops, waiting to pull in behind me. I stop,
> then slowly move forward with him.. He yells, blows his horn, and I
> point to the left, the way the arrows on the road show he should be
> going.
>
> He waited there, blocking the left lane for 4 minutes, and cut in
> front of the truck behind me when I moved on the green light.
>
> At least I got a chance to delay one of these assholes for a while. I
> only wish a cop had come along and busted him for bocking the left
> turn lane.
>
> It's strange.. These "people" probably wouldn't think of cutting in
> front of a line at a theater or amusement park ride, but they'll do
> exactly the same thing when in their cars..
>
> To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
> Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

I did see one get stopped for that. Spokane Wa constructionzone on a
4-lane (2 each way) narrowed to one lane coming up on a stop light.
Yo-yo breezes past in the center turn lane, light changes he cuts in
front of the line. Cop was sitting on shoulder to the right. He
didn't make it 50 ft.

Harry K

Old July 13th 05, 06:47 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:30:06 -0400, Doug Warner
> wrote:

>He waited there, blocking the left lane for 4 minutes, and cut in
>front of the truck behind me when I moved on the green light.
>
>At least I got a chance to delay one of these assholes for a while. I
>only wish a cop had come along and busted him for bocking the left
>turn lane.

One Saturday a couple of weeks ago I drove down the 55 freeway into
Newporsche Beach. The freeway ends at 19th street, and there is a
traffic light there. Traffic was backed up for about a mile before the
end of the freeway. There was a motorcycle cop parked on the shoulder,
watching. He had no radar gun, and traffic was stopped dead so nobody
could possibly speed, so I wondered what he was doing there. The
answer came soon enough, when some line-jumping asshole pulled out
from the stopped traffic and tried to drive up the shoulder. The cop
immediately pulled his ass over and wrote the prick a nice ticket.

Old July 13th 05, 04:28 PM
brink

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:30:06 -0400, Doug Warner
> > wrote:
>
>>He waited there, blocking the left lane for 4 minutes, and cut in
>>front of the truck behind me when I moved on the green light.
>>
>>At least I got a chance to delay one of these assholes for a while. I
>>only wish a cop had come along and busted him for bocking the left
>>turn lane.

> One Saturday a couple of weeks ago I drove down the 55 freeway into
> Newporsche Beach. The freeway ends at 19th street, and there is a
> traffic light there. Traffic was backed up for about a mile before the
> end of the freeway. There was a motorcycle cop parked on the shoulder,
> watching. He had no radar gun, and traffic was stopped dead so nobody
> could possibly speed, so I wondered what he was doing there. The
> answer came soon enough, when some line-jumping asshole pulled out
> from the stopped traffic and tried to drive up the shoulder. The cop
> immediately pulled his ass over and wrote the prick a nice ticket.

there are few things more beautiful than that. maybe your first newborn
child or a rainbow... but it's close... ;-)

brink

Old July 13th 05, 05:40 PM
Dan J.S.

"brink" > wrote in message

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:30:06 -0400, Doug Warner
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>He waited there, blocking the left lane for 4 minutes, and cut in
>>>front of the truck behind me when I moved on the green light.
>>>
>>>At least I got a chance to delay one of these assholes for a while. I
>>>only wish a cop had come along and busted him for bocking the left
>>>turn lane.

>> One Saturday a couple of weeks ago I drove down the 55 freeway into
>> Newporsche Beach. The freeway ends at 19th street, and there is a
>> traffic light there. Traffic was backed up for about a mile before the
>> end of the freeway. There was a motorcycle cop parked on the shoulder,
>> watching. He had no radar gun, and traffic was stopped dead so nobody
>> could possibly speed, so I wondered what he was doing there. The
>> answer came soon enough, when some line-jumping asshole pulled out
>> from the stopped traffic and tried to drive up the shoulder. The cop
>> immediately pulled his ass over and wrote the prick a nice ticket.

> there are few things more beautiful than that. maybe your first newborn
> child or a rainbow... but it's close... ;-)
>
> brink

Anytime a cop wins, we all lose. However it is nice to see asswipes pay...

Old July 14th 05, 03:22 AM
DTJ

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:40:33 -0500, "Dan J.S." > wrote:

>Anytime a cop wins, we all lose. However it is nice to see asswipes pay...

Anarchist prick.
Old July 15th 05, 02:39 PM
Dan J.S.

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:40:33 -0500, "Dan J.S." > wrote:
>
>>Anytime a cop wins, we all lose. However it is nice to see asswipes pay...

> Anarchist prick.

Who, the cop? haha...