Midwinter drive

Old July 3rd 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Me[_12_]

Default Midwinter drive

Went for a midwinter drive today in the old '98 NB 6spd.
Hood down, one of those calm winter days where the sun shines, probably
only 5-10 deg C. Beanie on, heater on, stereo on full. I must have been
going a little bit too slow - my wife didn't complain once...
About 350km round trip, through the snow-capped mountains, back to the
coast, then home There's been a few hard frosts and a bit of snow -
they grit the roads here rather than salt, so you've got to be a bit
careful to stay awake in the tight and twisty mountain gorges. My
goodness the old MX5s are nice to drive - even bog-standard. Not the
fastest by far, not the most comfortable, but close to the nicest for a
spirited midwinter hood-down drive you could find at any price.
Old July 3rd 10, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 3.7.2010. 8:12, Me wrote:
> Went for a midwinter drive today in the old '98 NB 6spd.

where you at? here's like 30+ C degrees
Old July 3rd 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
NetMax

On Jul 3, 5:22*am, Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:
> On 3.7.2010. 8:12, Me wrote:
>
> > Went for a midwinter drive today in the old '98 NB 6spd.

> where you at? here's like 30+ C degrees

While there's snow in some places of the northern hemisphere, it's not
called winter - so he's in the southern hemisphere, My guess would be
New Zealand.
Old July 3rd 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

NetMax wrote:
> On Jul 3, 5:22 am, Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:
>> On 3.7.2010. 8:12, Me wrote:
>>
>>> Went for a midwinter drive today in the old '98 NB 6spd.

>> where you at? here's like 30+ C degrees

> While there's snow in some places of the northern hemisphere, it's not
> called winter - so he's in the southern hemisphere, My guess would be
> New Zealand.

You can tell from his accent?

Old July 3rd 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
NetMax

On Jul 3, 1:56*pm, "Frank Berger" > wrote:
> NetMax wrote:

> >> where you at? here's like 30+ C degrees

> > While there's snow in some places of the northern hemisphere, it's not
> > called winter - so he's in the southern hemisphere, *My guess would be
> > New Zealand.

> You can tell from his accent?

Can't you? ;~) It's not quite Aussie.

I also checked his posting profile.
Old July 4th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 3.7.2010. 16:24, NetMax wrote:

> New Zealand.

I was hoping more like terra del fuego, or somewhere there nz is sooo
like yesterday.
Old July 4th 10, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Me[_12_]

On 4/07/2010 12:44 p.m., Domagoj Bagaric wrote:
> On 3.7.2010. 16:24, NetMax wrote:
>
>> New Zealand.

> I was hoping more like terra del fuego, or somewhere there nz is sooo
> like yesterday.

Yes it is - like Lake Wobegon, but fewer Lutherans and milder winters.
Old July 4th 10, 05:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Me[_12_]

On 4/07/2010 2:24 a.m., NetMax wrote:
> On Jul 3, 5:22 am, Domagoj > wrote:
>> On 3.7.2010. 8:12, Me wrote:
>>
>>> Went for a midwinter drive today in the old '98 NB 6spd.

>> where you at? here's like 30+ C degrees

> While there's snow in some places of the northern hemisphere, it's not
> called winter - so he's in the southern hemisphere, My guess would be
> New Zealand.

Good guess - even if you cheated a bit.

I changed oil and filter on the MX5 for the first time today. Had to
buy a little strap clamp that you tighten with a knob (the usual twist
type I have for my other cars doesn't work) to grab the filter to undo
it - worked well though and only cost about ~US$8. It's probably worse
doing the filter on a RHD model - the oil from the filter drops straight
on the steering box and drizzles under to the splash guard where it's
damned hard to get at to clean. Next time I'll be ready for it. It's a
very small filter for a 1.8 litre engine.
Old July 4th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Me" > wrote in message
nz is sooo
>> like yesterday.

> Yes it is - like Lake Wobegon, but fewer Lutherans and milder winters.

Don't think you're going to slip the Garrison Keillor reference past this
American ;-) Apparently NPR's genius is world renowned!

'Cool' to hear about your winter drive. It'll be awhile before we get our
month of winter here ;-)

Later,
Chris (in Hou)
99BBB

Old July 4th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Me > wrote:

> Went for a midwinter drive today in the old '98 NB 6spd.
> Hood down, one of those calm winter days where the sun shines,
> probably only 5-10 deg C.

While you're enjoying winter, I'm in the middle of 44C summer! Top up,
AC on full!

The Usenet Improvement Project:

4 wheel drive/lack of 4 wheel drive problem, 95 YJ [email protected] Jeep 4 January 17th 08 02:09 AM
95 Wrangler 4 wheel drive/lack of 4 wheel drive problem [email protected] Chrysler 0 January 16th 08 05:55 PM
Your Right to Drive proffsl Driving 277 March 27th 07 02:01 AM
What do YOU drive?? LuvrSmel Simulators 41 May 5th 05 01:51 PM
Drive this away [email protected] Driving 2 December 23rd 04 05:35 PM