400 HP or more?

Old May 16th 05, 03:00 AM
Mel

Default 400 HP or more?

Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?

As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

Old May 16th 05, 03:25 AM

Why would you need that much raw horse-power anyway?

I for one would be totally satisfied with the V8 Stang Vert -- SVT
Cobra, manual trans.

I also want a winter beater car that I can abuse like a new Subaru
Impreza. I'm picturing it with rust underneath, scratched up paint
that's never washed, door dings and dents everywhere, and mud & road
salt all over the place. Oh and a tail light banged up and with
colored tape over it. All beat up in just 2 years of ownership. Can
you imagine that? A perfect winter beater car with AWD, stick shift,
and low to the ground flat 4 boxer engine. Because the engines so low
to the ground it's got a low center of gravity. I can't think of a
better winter beater car than a subaru.

Old May 16th 05, 03:29 AM
Dave Head

On 15 May 2005 19:00:43 -0700, "Mel" > wrote:

>Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
>available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?

Dunno - prolly some Mustang

>As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
>can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

Mitsubishi Evolution
Subaru WRX (2 versions, one fast, one blindingly fast, both under $40K)

Old May 16th 05, 03:50 AM
Dave Stone

"Mel" > wrote in news:1116208843.189266.276300
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
> available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?

-Pontiac GTO

-Dodge/Chrysler cars w/ SRT-8 engine

(the 425-HP 300C is around $42k I think,
Magnum and Charger might be less)

-Ford has the Shelby Cobra GT500 coming in MY 2007 (?) but it's
unpriced for now

> As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally

available
> can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than

$40,000?

Off the top of my head..

Infiniti G35 (RWD & 6-speed only?)
350z
WRX
Dodge SRT-4
Honda S2000

Old May 16th 05, 08:28 AM

Make sure you put one of those "Support Our Troops" stickers on the
back of it for when you're idling in traffic with that gas guzzler.

Old May 16th 05, 02:00 PM
Roy Shroyer

"Mel" > wrote in message

> As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
> can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

Altima 3.5SE 5MT should get to 60 in under 6 seconds and costs about $23k
for the cloth interior model. A few minor mods will get you into the low
5's.

My '03 with stock exhaust minus factory resonator: mph and
better than 25mpg if driven conservatively. (that's ~ mid 5 sec 0-60) Not
the fanciest, nicest, or most prestigious car, but you can't beat the
performance/$ ratio except for possibly a new mustang GT.

Old May 16th 05, 03:29 PM

You're so full of ****. If anything you're the left lane blocker, and
for your information I do have a powerful car to drive around idiot
LLB's on the road such as yourself.

Old May 16th 05, 03:44 PM
Dan J.S.

"Mel" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Which unmodified new cars have more than 400 HP, are generally
> available, and cost less than $40,000? GTO? Special Mustangs?
>
> As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
> can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

Subaru WRX can do 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds.

Old May 16th 05, 05:00 PM
223rem

Roy Shroyer wrote:
> "Mel" > wrote in message
>
>>As a back-up question, which unmodified new cars generally available
>>can get from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds and cost less than $40,000?

> Altima 3.5SE 5MT should get to 60 in under 6 seconds and costs about $23k
> for the cloth interior model. A few minor mods will get you into the low
> 5's.
>
> My '03 with stock exhaust minus factory resonator: mph and
> better than 25mpg if driven conservatively. (that's ~ mid 5 sec 0-60) Not
> the fanciest, nicest, or most prestigious car, but you can't beat the
> performance/$ ratio except for possibly a new mustang GT.

And I'm pretty sure it handles much better than the Mustang with
that solid rear axle.