NSR Review By Randy Magruder

Old February 18th 05, 02:32 AM

Steve Blankenship wrote:

> Speaking of NSR reviews and Papy references, I can't believe no one's

caught
> this gem from the Gamespot review.
>
> A direct quote: "it's no Grand Prix Legends". They must've been

hanging
> around here! ;-)

Even with it's age and it's faults, Grand Prix Legends just makes you
feel good. Everyone involved in developing that game should be very
proud. Games like that don't come around very often.

Old February 18th 05, 05:27 AM
ymenard

>"PC24" > wrote
> Never heard of the guy. Does he own a wheel.
> Or is he just an EA brown noser ?

Shut up newbie.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old February 18th 05, 06:29 AM

> Steve Blankenship wrote:

> Even with it's age and it's faults, Grand Prix Legends just makes you
> feel good. Everyone involved in developing that game should be very
> proud. Games like that don't come around very often.

Stop living in the past.

Old February 18th 05, 09:27 AM
Larry

Fine Wine's do

-Larry

oups.com...

Old February 18th 05, 09:30 AM
Larry

Good post Steve.

For the first time, I find myself wanting to like an EA based Nascar SIM.
I'm about 80% the way there.

They've got some issues to deal with. I have hope

-Larry

Old February 18th 05, 01:32 PM
Steve Smith

You ain't seen nuthin' yet. If SimBin manages to sort out GTR (they're
about 85% there), they'll rule...altho I suspect it will take until they
come out w. the rFactor-based GTR2. Of course, that's road racing. I've
been very impressed with the care and attention EA Tiburon has been
lavishing on the beta testers and beta testing for NSR. You don't spend
that kind of time and effort and money unless you're dead serious about
making it work. And for the kind of moolah EA laid out to get an exclusive
(it undoubtedly would have been cheaper to buy Papyrus, and you'd think
cash-strapped VU would have been only too happy to sell), they'd damn well
better lean into it.

Old February 18th 05, 02:06 PM
Remco Moedt

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:18:28 GMT, "Steve Smith"
> wrote:

>Randy has also forgotten some sims he must have played. He yearns for an
>"automatic difficulty" system to speed up or slow down the AI cars based on
>the player's speed. Need for Speed had that in the previous century. Grand
>Prix Legends had that seven years ago (everybody hated it).

Not everybody...I personally think it's the best way to do it. I
remember racing the AI in GPL for months untill I succeeded in winning
races. I really had to fight to earn places.

In sims like the ones from ISI it is just passing the AI on the
straight, where they don't go faster than 50 mph....urgh.

Cheers!

Remco

Old February 18th 05, 02:50 PM
Steve Blankenship

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> > Steve Blankenship wrote:

> > Even with it's age and it's faults, Grand Prix Legends just makes you
> > feel good. Everyone involved in developing that game should be very
> > proud. Games like that don't come around very often.

> Stop living in the past.

1. You're quoting the wrong poster, Jethro.

2. Whoooshhh....

Old February 18th 05, 03:38 PM
not spam

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:32:49 GMT, "Steve Smith"
> wrote:

>You ain't seen nuthin' yet. If SimBin manages to sort out GTR (they're
>about 85% there), they'll rule...altho I suspect it will take until they
>come out w. the rFactor-based GTR2. Of course, that's road racing. I've
>been very impressed with the care and attention EA Tiburon has been
>lavishing on the beta testers and beta testing for NSR. You don't spend
>that kind of time and effort and money unless you're dead serious about
>making it work. And for the kind of moolah EA laid out to get an exclusive
>(it undoubtedly would have been cheaper to buy Papyrus, and you'd think
>cash-strapped VU would have been only too happy to sell), they'd damn well
>better lean into it.

I don't care what they do with the product, I have a major problem
with a big company excluding everyone else. There is no incentive to
create a better product. Nascar morons will buy whatever they're
given. One only has to look at the t shirts they wear to see that.
ISI and F1rst racing are where I'm turning to. EA can rot in hell.