1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Old October 12th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default 1999 T&C Minivan Rear Heater Core

Yo - Ted - you there?

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old October 13th 08, 10:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Bill Putney wrote:
> > Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> >
> >> ...However, these days the original HOAT coolants have been
> >> reformulated with proprietary trade-secret chemicals to produce the

newer
> >> "universal style" HOAT. In other words, the Zerex G-05 coolant of 6
> >> years
> >> ago is not the same chemical as the Zerex G-05 of today that is marked
> >> "Universal" There simply isn't enough ancedotal evidence that today's
> >> Universal
> >> HOAT (G-05 or equivalent) is bad in older cars because these haven't
> >> been on the market long enough. So in answer to your question - nobody
> >> really knows. Zerex almost certainly will tell you that their

Universal
> >> G-05 will be safe. But how long has it been on the market in it's
> >> current
> >> formulation?...

> > Ted,
> > I'm a big proponent of HOAT/G-05. Where did you learn that HOAT has
> > been reformulated? Can you provide links to any articles?
> >
> > Also I have not seen any Zerex references to it being universal - that
> > doesn't mean there aren't any - I just haven't seen any. On this page of
> > their site: http://www.valvoline.com/zerex/automaker.asp
> > they say "There is no 'one size fits all' chemistry that is approved for
> > use in all vehicles. Don't take chances—use Zerex AutoMaker Approved
> > Chemistry" - that's above the pictures of their 3 antifreeze products -
> > traditional green, G-05 and DexCool™. And on this page:
> > http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...asp?product=10
> > I don't see any suggestion of universal use, though I did put it in my
> > wife's '99 Buick about 3 years ago with no ill effects so far.
> >
> > On this page:

http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/art...d=2&scccid= 1

> > "Perhaps one of the most important aspects to look for when next
> > shopping for antifreeze/coolant is approval from the maker of your car.
> > Currently, there is no 'one size fits all' solution that is approved for
> > use in newer cars. And filling your cooling system with the wrong
> > solution may result in serious adverse effects.
> >
> > "Products marked APPROVED have been subjected to years of field and lab
> > testing by your car's manufacturer and are certain to provide the best
> > performance and protection. Also, use of these products will ensure your
> > car's warranty remains intact. The same cannot be said for using
> > non-approved products, which may end up causing more problems than they
> > solve. Some quality antifreeze/coolant producers even print the makes
> > that have approved their products for use. This is always the best way
> > to go."

> Yo - Ted - you there?

Yes, this news server I'm using isn't always, though.

Ted

Second Heater Core Mike Coel Ford Mustang 33 April 1st 08 07:40 PM
After the heater core, now comes....next.... Glenn O'Connor Chrysler 5 February 29th 08 04:21 PM
Heater Core CMM Chrysler 3 January 16th 07 04:05 PM
Heater core -Al or Cu? Jon C Technology 6 January 23rd 06 05:32 PM
Heater core Zog The Undeniable Mazda 1 September 24th 05 08:05 PM