2002 Jeep GC revs up on startup

Old October 29th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike20878

Default 2002 Jeep GC revs up on startup

Is it normal for my Jeep to rev up to 2,000-2,500 RPM when I start it
up? It runs that high for about 15-20 seconds then drops down to
1,000 RPM. I noticed this only recently and it doesn't sound normal.

Thanks,
Mike
Old October 29th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
miles

MY 2Mike20878 wrote:
> Is it normal for my Jeep to rev up to 2,000-2,500 RPM when I start it
> up? It runs that high for about 15-20 seconds then drops down to
> 1,000 RPM. I noticed this only recently and it doesn't sound normal.

My 2004 Hemi Durango revs on start but only for about 1 or 2 seconds at
most. It is normal for the Hemi to do that. None of my other Dodge or
Chrysler vehicles do that.
Old November 1st 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bryan[_5_]

You need to clean the throttle body and Idle control motor. Oil and dirt
build up on the throttle blades is normal for a port fuel injected engine.
It is easy to remove and clean with an old tooth brush. While you are
cleaning it have the battery disconnected to force the pcm to reset its
learned memory.
Bryan

Old November 2nd 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

it's a little higher than i would like to see you might clean the throttle
body and if that helps great! but if it doesn't you might want to get a new
iac motor thats idle air control motor

miles wrote:

> MY 2Mike20878 wrote:
> > Is it normal for my Jeep to rev up to 2,000-2,500 RPM when I start it
> > up? It runs that high for about 15-20 seconds then drops down to
> > 1,000 RPM. I noticed this only recently and it doesn't sound normal.

> My 2004 Hemi Durango revs on start but only for about 1 or 2 seconds at
> most. It is normal for the Hemi to do that. None of my other Dodge or
> Chrysler vehicles do that.

2002 Jeep Liberty FWD Problem [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 10th 08 02:13 PM
2002 Jeep Liberty LCJ Chrysler 1 March 11th 07 11:53 PM
2002 civic startup Me Honda 10 May 31st 06 10:28 PM
2002 Jeep GC Engine light is on Brian Foster Jeep 13 January 17th 05 08:07 PM
2002 S-10 4.3 - one lifter tapping on startup - WTF? [email protected] Technology 3 December 21st 04 06:00 PM