OT Where do I buy one of these?

Old June 28th 05, 01:39 PM
johnboy

"Kevin Holzer" > wrote
> [...]
> Have you ever seen a cop help anybody?

Yes, very often, but I believe the personality of cops follows some kind of
gestault: if the social politics of the area is facist-like, all you get is
cops who want to be facists. After having lived in many different states and
three countries, I now enjoy living in an area where cops really do help
people, and enjoy doing so, and we are grateful - mutual respect goes both
ways to reinforce itself.

Old June 28th 05, 02:29 PM
Shag

She screamed funny. :-)

Old June 28th 05, 03:22 PM
Tracy

What exactly happened to you to give you such a bad attitude towards the
police?

Tracy

Old June 28th 05, 08:20 PM
Wes Pearson

Bryan wrote:

> "Shag" > wrote in message
>
>>http://www.big-boys.com/articles/policetazer.html
>>
>>Would be great for enforcing the kids doing their chores around here.
>>"Did you take the trash out or did you forget AGAIN!?!?"
>>"I forgot..."
>>*** BZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***
>>"Wrong answer!!!"
>>

> Saw this over in reeky (rec.motorcycles) a few days ago, and I'll say it
> again.
>
> She was a bitch, but the cop is a thug. He was in no danger. I expect more
> for my tax dollars and don't want to live in a 3rd world country where the
> cops do as they please.
>
> Flame away.
>
> Bryan

And how would you remover her form the car. Twisting her arm and
dragging her would most likely have injured her. Despite her wailing she
wasn't harmed other then her ego being a little bruised. If your going
to quote the law and argue with the police make sure you have your
lawyer present.
Old June 29th 05, 12:06 AM
Funkie

I have had cops help me before; have had them ignore me too.

Cops are ppl too and they lose their tempers and such. But people should
know better than to argue with a cop. No one has ever argued with a cop and
won. Thats why you go to court.

Short cop helped me story...
One time was when my bettle blew a rod in the middle of interstate 75 in NW
Atlanta. I had been doing about 75 in a 65 too. As I pulled over, I noticed
he was right there behind me and soon afterwards he called a tow truck. Did
not even give me a ticket or mention speed.

Old June 29th 05, 07:34 AM
Kevin Holzer

Funkie wrote:
> I have had cops help me before; have had them ignore me too.
>
> Cops are ppl too and they lose their tempers and such. But people should
> know better than to argue with a cop. No one has ever argued with a cop and
> won. Thats why you go to court.

I know they are people too. I just don't like them being able to take
their bad days out on us, cause that is not right.

True. I'm no dummy, and I'm not going to argue to a cop, unless I am
clearly (and I mean CLEARLY) in the right.
One tried to yell at some kid playing an acoustic guitar in downtown San
Diego, saying he was violating some noise law (as some kid drove by in
an escalade, blaring some rap). The cop had grabbed the guys guitar out
of his hand, I told the cop off, whipped out my pocket constitution, and
gave him a first and fourth ammendment lesson. He told me to get going,
and I was on a campus (right after a concert I had gone to, this was
approxamately 8:00 PM on a Saturday Night...) and told him this was my
property as much as it was his, considering it was paid for with my tax
dollar. I stood my ground, he was getting in my face, and there was a
big crowd growing around us. His partner had his hand on his baton,
ready to hit me over the head -- he looked like he wanted to. I hadn't
done anything other than disagreed with the cops actions out loud. I
was not impolite nor in the officer's face and if there wasn't a crowd
there, I bet I'd have been hit over the head. After me challenging him
to arrest me a few times (he had threatened, based upon 'obstruction of
justice.' I wasn't going to go there unless he did that...) and me
staying where I was (with him consistently inching in, trying to
intimidate me) he walked off to his car. He knew he was in the wrong,
and backed down.

> Short cop helped me story...
> One time was when my bettle blew a rod in the middle of interstate 75 in NW
> Atlanta. I had been doing about 75 in a 65 too. As I pulled over, I noticed
> he was right there behind me and soon afterwards he called a tow truck. Did
> not even give me a ticket or mention speed.

Good cop.

-Kevin
Old June 29th 05, 07:48 AM
Kevin Holzer

Tracy wrote:
> What exactly happened to you to give you such a bad attitude towards the
> police?
>
> Tracy

A couple of things. They're always out to stir up trouble in my
experiences, read one in the reply to Funkie's post.

A long time high-up deputy (and his fellow officers, and the chair of
the department of building and safety) in the city of Torrance have been
harrassing my Grandfather over the last five years. He's gotten over
6500$ in tickets for cars that were incorrectly (or un-) registered, but
on his property. At least four cars have been stolen from his driveway
or yard (by the city) because of registration issues. He's had at the
most seven, three of which he consistantly drove and were all legal,
parked on the street, one in the driveway, and the rest in his back
yard. They went through a latched gate ('locked' with a caribeaner kinda
thing) to ticket cars in his back yard (out of sight, to add)....
****ing ridiculous. WW2 veteran, former NASA employee (worked on the
apollo missions), worked for Hughes on numerous military projects...and
now some stupid city department head is ****ing with him (the deputy
thankfully was moved, although prior to his move he was spearheading the
operation).
My grandmother has also recently had a relatively serious stroke
(luckily her mind's still all there, just movement stuff) after they
issued a couple of tickets after a few year lull. My granfather, not
realizing what was going on, fabricated her a makeshift walker out of a
broken chair and some casters... (so you can get an idea of the kind of
guy he is....heh) He also likes volkswagens, but doesn't own any (He's
got mostly chevy stuff, and some cheap japanese cars). Thinks they're
good cars.
We're convinced there is either bribe money involved (the tickets came
right after they wouldn't sell either of their houses to a realtor in
Torrance) or conspiracy style activity, because he knows something they
don't want him to from blackops programs he's been involved in. He's
always talking about bugs (no, not the kind most people talk about on
here) they've got in his house, weird cars driving by (again, not the
kind we talk about here , the like.

They've never done anything positive for me, in my experience with them.
They have far too much power, and poke their nose where it doesnt
belong. There is far too much potential for abuse.
They oughtta (in my humble opinion) deal with violent criminals.
Traffic wise they should only pull slow cars in the fast lane over and
tell them to keep in the slow lane, and ticket weaving drivers, drivers
on drugs, and the rest. The drug war needs to end and revenue
generating laws such as unsightly house laws need to be killed (or
transformed into a 'help the old folks fix up their homes' kind of deal).

-Kevin
Old June 29th 05, 07:49 AM
Kevin Holzer

Wes Pearson wrote:
> And how would you remover her form the car. Twisting her arm and
> dragging her would most likely have injured her. Despite her wailing she
> wasn't harmed other then her ego being a little bruised. If your going
> to quote the law and argue with the police make sure you have your
> lawyer present.

Be patient, good things come to those who wait.
-Kevin
Old June 29th 05, 09:44 AM
Shag

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:34:33 -0700, Kevin Holzer >
wrote:

>Funkie wrote:
>> I have had cops help me before; have had them ignore me too.
>>
>> Cops are ppl too and they lose their tempers and such. But people should
>> know better than to argue with a cop. No one has ever argued with a cop and
>> won. Thats why you go to court.

>I know they are people too. I just don't like them being able to take
>their bad days out on us, cause that is not right.
>
>True. I'm no dummy, and I'm not going to argue to a cop, unless I am
>clearly (and I mean CLEARLY) in the right.
>One tried to yell at some kid playing an acoustic guitar in downtown San
>Diego, saying he was violating some noise law (as some kid drove by in
>an escalade, blaring some rap). The cop had grabbed the guys guitar out
>of his hand, I told the cop off, whipped out my pocket constitution, and
>gave him a first and fourth ammendment lesson.

Ah... You're one of those. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Old June 29th 05, 02:36 PM
johnboy

Funkie wrote:

> Cops are ppl too and they lose their tempers and such.

Last time I was stopped, the cop was in a really ****y mood. It was hot as
hell and their uniforms and all that hardware they carry makes it worse yet.
I let him rant about why I was a scoffer for not running a front plate. He
went through the vehicle to find every single thing wrong he could and found
nothing. I could tell something else was going on in his head and let him
be.

At the very end, as he was handing me the ticket I asked, "Besides being too
damned hot for this stuff, are you worried like I am about the pending
strike? We are in the same union." His face melted and he said, "Brother, it
really stinks. By law I am not allowed to strike. You gonna?" I said, "of
course, to the max." He took the ticket and made it a warning and said,
"It's too damned hot. Take it easy."

I've never in my driving life (45 years) seen a Trooper so unhappy. That
speaks to the professionalism of those folks, at least in Minnesota.