GM 3800 Spark Plug Torque Spec

Old June 26th 05, 07:10 AM

Default GM 3800 Spark Plug Torque Spec

Does anyone know the torque spec for the spark plugs on a
GM 3800 Series II. Its in a 2000 Buick Regal. NOT super charged.
It's the wifes car, runs good, but I figured it's time
for some routine maintenence.
Also maybe you know the torque for the break caliper retaining bolts.
This car's getting ready for new sets of pads. 4 wheel disks,
thats not any different than 2 wheel disks, right? Just twice as many
wheels?

Thanks in advance.

Old June 27th 05, 01:03 AM
Shep

Try autozone.com/repairinfo, for specs.
ps.com...

Old June 27th 05, 06:35 AM

I tried that. Though the info covers some vehicles from the 50's
through 2000, they don't cover a 2000 Regal. I looked at other models
with the same engine, but the tune-up section gives a very basic
overview, and dosen't give torque specs.

Thanks for the idea though.

Old June 27th 05, 07:27 PM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I tried that. Though the info covers some vehicles from the 50's
> through 2000, they don't cover a 2000 Regal. I looked at other models
> with the same engine, but the tune-up section gives a very basic
> overview, and dosen't give torque specs.
>
> Thanks for the idea though.

I have an Alldata account for my 3800 Reatta, and will see if they have a
torque spec. It shouldnt
be too much different for your 3800, I would hope.

Old June 27th 05, 07:31 PM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I tried that. Though the info covers some vehicles from the 50's
> through 2000, they don't cover a 2000 Regal. I looked at other models
> with the same engine, but the tune-up section gives a very basic
> overview, and dosen't give torque specs.
>
> Thanks for the idea though.

The Alldata information shows 7-15 poundfeet torque for the spark plugs,
except for one
earlier (84-85 FI) engine which shows 15 poundfeet only.