black smoke and cut out

Old May 21st 07, 10:47 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
buckbe

Default black smoke and cut out

Hi,
Can anyone give me any ideas on my nissan terrano, i was driving down the
motorway and had quick loss of power and loads of black smoke from exhaust
then the engine cut out. when i looked at it they was no oil left in it water
was ok but in doesn't start now, it's a 2.7td N reg
Thanks in advance

Old May 21st 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Mon, 21 May 2007 09:47:30 GMT, "buckbe" <u34376@uwe> wrote:

>Hi,
>Can anyone give me any ideas on my nissan terrano, i was driving down the
>motorway and had quick loss of power and loads of black smoke from exhaust
>then the engine cut out. when i looked at it they was no oil left in it water
>was ok but in doesn't start now, it's a 2.7td N reg
>Thanks in advance

Let's see...

You drove your car, without oil, down the motorway...

You can't figure out why it won't start...

Suggestion: get a bicycle. They are easier to handle. If you must get
a new car, get soem training or education into basic maintenance such
as checking the oil level frequently!
Old May 21st 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
buckbe

PeterD wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Can anyone give me any ideas on my nissan terrano, i was driving down the
>>motorway and had quick loss of power and loads of black smoke from exhaust
>>then the engine cut out. when i looked at it they was no oil left in it water
>>was ok but in doesn't start now, it's a 2.7td N reg
>>Thanks in advance

>Let's see...
>
>You drove your car, without oil, down the motorway...
>
>You can't figure out why it won't start...
>
>Suggestion: get a bicycle. They are easier to handle. If you must get
>a new car, get soem training or education into basic maintenance such
>as checking the oil level frequently!

Thanks for your comments but if you don't know anything why bother,
The car had oil before leaving i didn't think i would have to say that but
then thick people are every were

Old May 22nd 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Mon, 21 May 2007 13:52:32 GMT, "buckbe" <u34376@uwe> wrote:

>PeterD wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>Can anyone give me any ideas on my nissan terrano, i was driving down the
>>>motorway and had quick loss of power and loads of black smoke from exhaust
>>>then the engine cut out. when i looked at it they was no oil left in it water
>>>was ok but in doesn't start now, it's a 2.7td N reg
>>>Thanks in advance

>>Let's see...
>>
>>You drove your car, without oil, down the motorway...
>>
>>You can't figure out why it won't start...
>>
>>Suggestion: get a bicycle. They are easier to handle. If you must get
>>a new car, get soem training or education into basic maintenance such
>>as checking the oil level frequently!

>Thanks for your comments but if you don't know anything why bother,
>The car had oil before leaving i didn't think i would have to say that but
>then thick people are every were

So it just sort'a disappeared? Did you have trouble controlling the
throttle? Did it feel like the throttle was sticking or not working
right?
Old May 25th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
buckbe via CarKB.com

PeterD wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>>The car had oil before leaving i didn't think i would have to say that but
>>then thick people are every were

>So it just sort'a disappeared? Did you have trouble controlling the
>throttle? Did it feel like the throttle was sticking or not working
>right?

Thanks for your remarks of disbelief but i have now got it done it was the
turbo.
That's what the black smoke was, the oil being sent out the exhaust
It now runs fine and i don't need a bike !!!!

Old May 26th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Fri, 25 May 2007 22:00:19 GMT, "buckbe via CarKB.com" <u34376@uwe>
wrote:

>>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>>>The car had oil before leaving i didn't think i would have to say that but
>>>then thick people are every were

>>So it just sort'a disappeared? Did you have trouble controlling the
>>throttle? Did it feel like the throttle was sticking or not working
>>right?

>Thanks for your remarks of disbelief but i have now got it done it was the
>turbo.
>That's what the black smoke was, the oil being sent out the exhaust
>It now runs fine and i don't need a bike !!!!

Rema4rks of disbelief? Where?

Range Rover producing black smoke Crudgeon 4x4 5 May 1st 07 03:33 PM
Black Smoke loss of power Chiquis VW water cooled 8 February 14th 07 05:40 PM
o no, black smoke? Kevin29 Technology 5 March 6th 06 02:39 PM
Black smoke at startup [email protected] Jeep 12 January 27th 06 07:23 PM
black smoke from a diesel. wenden1 4x4 11 September 5th 05 07:41 PM