Marvel Mystery Oil

Old January 27th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Marvel Mystery Oil

I've heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil. Just curious how it
works since you can put it in the oil and gasoline tanks and does it
work well still with newer cars, I have 05 Civic. Also, what's the best
time to put it in like early/middle/late life of oil for oil. And for
gasoline empty tank then fill, or after full tank?

Old January 27th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> I've heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil. Just curious how it
> works since you can put it in the oil and gasoline tanks and does it
> work well still with newer cars, I have 05 Civic. Also, what's the best
> time to put it in like early/middle/late life of oil for oil. And for
> gasoline empty tank then fill, or after full tank?

The very best time to put Marvel Mystery Oil in your car is...NEVER.

Total waste of money. It will do less for you than timely oil changes.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 27th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> " > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > I've heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil. Just curious how it
> > works since you can put it in the oil and gasoline tanks and does it
> > work well still with newer cars, I have 05 Civic. Also, what's the best
> > time to put it in like early/middle/late life of oil for oil. And for
> > gasoline empty tank then fill, or after full tank?
> >

> The very best time to put Marvel Mystery Oil in your car is...NEVER.
>
> Total waste of money. It will do less for you than timely oil changes.
>

> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Back in the day, you could buy a Marvel Mystery Oil reservoir that
attached to the carburetor and slowly dripped the stuff into the gas,
or so my father told me. I used it 20 years ago as a gas additive in my
Chevy small block. As far as I could tell, it did me no good. Not sure
I'd want to subject my Honda fuel injectors to this stuff.

If you feel the need to add something to your gas add a bottle of
Chevron's Techron every now and again. AFAIK that stuff won't hurt
anything and probably does some good.

I'd never consider adding MMO to my oil because I don't know what it
would do to the viscosity or how it would interact with the oil's
additives. TeGGeR's right, clean oil is good oil.

Old January 27th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

At least one of the major car companies - DC I think sez in the owners
manual that using crank case additives will void the warranty. Back in
the days of lose engines - a increase in viscosity may have been a good
thing - not today - will probably impede lubrication. Any modern oil
that meets all of the current requirements will be fine - just change
it and the filter and do it regularly.

It never ceases to amaze me when I walk past the snake oil section of
auto parts stores - people still buy that stuff.

Old January 27th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SEAFOAM! or LUCAS OILS FUEL TREATMENT! You can buy them both anywhere.
Gas tank only though. I think that the only thing you should add to
your oil is oil, and that's just if it's low. Mobil 1 is always my
suggestion and change it at 3000 or sooner. As for MMO, I wouldn't
want to trust something that is able to be used in the engine and in
the fuel. Plus, you have a Honda!!! You don't have to do too much to
those things and they'll still run forever, so don't fix what isn't
broken. Run good gas, keep up on maintenance, and that's about it.
See ya. Matt

--
mtmaurer8ooo
mtmaurer8ooo's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=430688

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old January 27th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Start saving up money... to buy a new catalytic converter.

The whole concept of marvel oil is a little bogus. Gasoline already
has a lot of oily components in it, and that is what lubes the upper
cylinders well enough for engines to last 300,000+ miles.

Now check out Brazil, which insisted on developing ethanol production
to replace gasoline use. Result is, engines don't last at all. The
alcohol has no lube qualities, and the engine is toast.

Old January 27th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The only thing I used Marvel Mystery Oil for when I was twisting wrenches
for a living, was to put a small amount in the inlets of my air tools, then
blowing air through them before putting them away at night... I wouldn't put
it inside an engine, not now, with all of the electronics and sensors, for
sure...
..
oups.com...

Old January 28th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil. Just curious how it
> works since you can put it in the oil and gasoline tanks and does it
> work well still with newer cars, I have 05 Civic. Also, what's the best
> time to put it in like early/middle/late life of oil for oil. And for
> gasoline empty tank then fill, or after full tank?

They still make that -- shades of JC Whitney and the ooo ga horn

Old January 28th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"TWW" > wrote in news:UHzCf.61641$0G.58757@dukeread10:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I've heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil. Just curious how it
>> works since you can put it in the oil and gasoline tanks and does it
>> work well still with newer cars, I have 05 Civic. Also, what's the best
>> time to put it in like early/middle/late life of oil for oil. And for
>> gasoline empty tank then fill, or after full tank?
>>

> They still make that -- shades of JC Whitney and the ooo ga horn

Ah-OOH-gah, you mean.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Serious clutch mystery - any E28 experts out there? Steve W BMW 8 September 19th 14 05:41 PM
Mystery part number AMStar Mazda 43 November 26th 05 12:24 AM
neon fan mystery solved Robbie and Laura Reynolds Chrysler 0 November 10th 05 02:20 AM
Saturn needs Mystery Shoppers Justin Saturn 1 September 29th 05 01:11 PM
mystery fenders Glenn Pavlovic Antique cars 1 October 29th 04 07:44 AM