anti Touareg sentiment

Old September 22nd 04, 07:18 PM
aokvw

Kent,

Some might say that one of the unspoken benefits of the SUV ownership
experience is the high seating position which allows one to look into the
goings-on in the front seats of smaller cars. However, a related terror
might be seeing YOU, driving without pants in your Scotchguarded cloth
seats, as you try and replicate Lexol "rash" on a budget.

Let's turn this thread in a positive direction: Group, tell us your most
voyeuristic car experience to date. :-)

And enough SUV bashing, agreed?

Mike
a satisfied VOLKSWAGEN owner

"Kent" > wrote in message
> Wow, you luxury SUV drivers are some insecure folks. Might want to get

that
> checked; I think Merck might now make a pill for that sort of thing. And

how
> the heck does a long-term GTI pilot with a Jetta TDI lose their way and
> purchase a Touareg? Some sort of mid-life crisis? And yes, the Jetta TDI
> does meet my tree-hugging, empty-pocketed, leather conditioner phobic
> approval. Thanks very much for checking. But you don't need my
> approval...really...or do you? Oh, and thanks for the tip on the '66
> Ford...sounds groovy, but I doubt I could afford it.
>
> Oh, and let's not make light of leather conditioner phobias. That stuff

can
> cause one heck of a rash when driving without pants. One more reason I
> prefer the cloth seats of my GTI.
>
> --
> Kent
> 1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles
>

> "aokvw" > wrote in message
> > Hey Kent,
> > FYI I have ALREADY driven the wheels right off of MY 1987 GTI 16V (230K)
> > before metal started collecting in the oil pan, calling for a rebuild, 5
> > years ago. I DID see a 66 Ford Country Squire wagon, with a 390ci motor

> and
> > most of the fake wood trim on the used car lot that might interest you,

> when
> > your GTI gives up the ghost. Don't lecture others about sticking with

> their
> > practical vehicles, unless you know their driver history, ok? I am

> already
> > halfway to your accumulated mileage in my OTHER vehicle, a 99 Jetta TDI.
> > Does THAT car meet with your tree-hugging, empty pocketed, leather
> > conditioner phobic approval Kent?
> > "Kent" > wrote in message
> > > Look sport, somewhere between 21 years old and maturity you'll

hopefully
> > > begin to realize that trips to the beach, mall, and Mammoth don't

> > constitute
> > > a NEED. Just trust me on this one. But I'm glad to hear that you're an
> > > active little tike; it'll keep you away from the glass teat (aka TV).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kent
> > > 1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles

> > these

on

> Kia
> > > and
> > > realistically
> > > Excursion

> the
> > > 50s,

> > vehicle
> > > type

the
> > > vast
> > > ground

> need
> > > it"

> baseball
> > > and

usually

> of

> of
> > 5
> > > or

space,
> we
> > > USED

is

USE
> on
> > > trips

dogs.

Old September 22nd 04, 08:07 PM
Mike Smith

gort wrote:

> Man, I am hot and ****ed off, I hate those people who can afford to
> purchase and eat chocolate ice cream. Who the fark do they think they
> are? Some of us think that full 100% fat ice cream is too expensive
> and is detrimental to the overall health of our society.
>
> They should be made not to have a choice and eat tofu like the rest of us
> miserable frustrated folk who cant afford that luxury.
>
> Hey dork, if you don't like the Touareg, DON'T BUY IT!
>
> This country is based on FREEDOM first and EQUALITY second. We are all
> created equal, but don't end up that way after making choices and working
> hard. But we all have the freedom to choose. Just remember, liberals
> want to limit your freedom, why can't I have a toilet that works on only
> one goddamn flush?

What the hell are you yelling at me for? All I did was point out that
the Touareg isn't really an SUV. I never said anybody couldn't have one.

--
Mike Smith
Old September 22nd 04, 08:08 PM
Mike Smith

Kent wrote:

> And when will people like you manage to come up with a more novel excuse
> than "it's a free country" to justify your crass, self-indulgent,
> anti-social behavior?

What better "excuse" do they need?

--
Mike Smith
Old September 22nd 04, 08:09 PM
Mike Smith

Numan wrote:

> So, your complaint is with, and your energy should be pointed towards, the
> auto industry. They should be forced to make cleaner autos.

No, they shouldn't.

--
Mike Smith
Old September 22nd 04, 08:22 PM
JH

aokvw wrote:

> Let's turn this thread in a positive direction: Group, tell us your most
> voyeuristic car experience to date. :-)

Rolled over smashed SUV's, involved in single vehicle accidents, are
always nice to see.

Lots of 'em, too.
Old September 22nd 04, 08:41 PM
JH

aokvw wrote:

> Let's turn this thread in a positive direction: Group, tell us your most
> voyeuristic car experience to date. :-)

Rolled over smashed SUV's, involved in single vehicle accidents, are
always interesting to see.

Lots of 'em, too.
Old September 22nd 04, 11:01 PM
Steve Grauman

>All I did was point out that
>the Touareg isn't really an SUV.

I missed that post. AFAIK, the Toureag isn't car based. So what makes it not an
SUV?
Steve Grauman
Old September 23rd 04, 01:26 AM

Mike Smith wrote:
> Tony Bad wrote:
>

>> Your parents, and mine lived in a different world. We got 4 kids in a
>> Chrysler
>> Newport (which got about 10 MPG for those who feel today's Suv's are
>> such hogs)

> That's 10 MPG on leaded fuel, in a carbureted engine, with no modern
> emissions controls. A 2004-model SUV is probably cleaner than 5 Vista
> Cruisers or Family Trucksters. ;-)
>
> --
> Mike Smith

Don't be too sure in most cases they are exempt from CAR specs as they
are listed as TRUCKS.

Still, of course advances have been made.

TBerk
Old September 23rd 04, 01:47 AM
Steve Grauman

>Don't be too sure in most cases they are exempt from CAR specs as they
>are listed as TRUCKS.
>
>Still, of course advances have been made.

I believe that the 3.5 litre V6 in Honda's Pilot and MDX SUV's is a ULEV unit.
And I think that the 3.0 litre I6 in BMW's X3 and X5 qualifies as a LEV engine.
But these vehicles are car based.
Steve Grauman
Old September 23rd 04, 04:08 AM
Mike Smith

JH wrote:

> aokvw wrote:
>
>> Let's turn this thread in a positive direction: Group, tell us your most
>> voyeuristic car experience to date. :-)

> Rolled over smashed SUV's, involved in single vehicle accidents, are
> always nice to see.

That's a pretty crappy thing to say, no matter what you think of SUVs.

--
Mike Smith