dreaded oil thread

Old March 11th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default dreaded oil thread

pws > wrote:

> BTW, have you checked this Miata out? 1993 model, last year of the
> 1.6 liter engines in America. Your color, white, and with an
> automatic transmission.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/cxz2uk

Nice! I really don't want an automatic, they wouldn't be as much fun
and.....

I know I'm not going to be able to drive the Miata much longer but when
that time comes I'll not be looking to replace it. I find I'm driving
the van (2005 Buick Terraza) more and more as I want to have the
scooter with me when I get where I'm going. I'm headed to
Californicate next week with the van, I'll be visiting the San Diego
zoo and I know from experience I can rent a scooter when I get there
but from the parking lot to the area where they rent the scooters is
farther than I can walk now, particularly since the handicap parking is
often full and I may have to park waaaaaay away from the gate....
<sigh>

> It's a bit pricey for a 1993 model, but it would probably look
> nice sitting in your driveway with your white wheels mounted on
> it. :-)

That's for sure! It looks a bit cleaner and nicer than mine but it's
got 115,000 miles less which may have something to to with it. <g>

> 36,000 miles on a 1993 model is pretty nifty if the various seals
> are in good shape.
> That's about 2200 miles a year, not bad for a weekend toy, not
> good if it sat for years and/or rarely had the A/C run.

He's in Lancaster, OH. The AC may have never run, it's easy to check,
if it doesn't work the freon has all leaked out, if it does work the
next step is to inspect the fittings, if it's been re-charged recently
they'll be cleaner than the surrounding areas.

If I were interested I could fly to Columbus and drive down to my son's
place in Wilmington, OH for a visit and home from there, that would be
nice.... but I think the old '92 is going to have to do me.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old March 11th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Tell that to those who had to find another job.
(And those that got stuck with the &^%$ engine that was used.)
"Urban legend"

. ..

Old March 12th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chuck" > wrote:

> Tell that to those who had to find another job.
> (And those that got stuck with the &^%$ engine that was used.)
> "Urban legend"

As in "untrue story", Chuck. Sorry.