Accord Type-V and CD-Rs

Old February 4th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ian Myatt

Default Accord Type-V and CD-Rs

Hello all, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have a 2001 Accord Type-V, which is very nice, but I'm looking for
some advice re-the Bose single CD player that comes with it.

I don't like to use my original CDs in my car, so I always make and
use copies.

My copies are prone to skipping, whereas if I try an original CD, it
doesn't skip at all. The copies skip on certain types of road
surface, to it's a vibration/media problem, so I suspect that I need
to find another brand of CDRs to use for copies.

Anyone know of a good brand, or can point me in the direction of
someone who can?

Thanks

IanM

Old February 5th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave Garrett

In article >,
says...

> Hello all, and thanks for taking the time to read this.
>
> I have a 2001 Accord Type-V, which is very nice, but I'm looking for
> some advice re-the Bose single CD player that comes with it.
>
> I don't like to use my original CDs in my car, so I always make and
> use copies.
>
> My copies are prone to skipping, whereas if I try an original CD, it
> doesn't skip at all. The copies skip on certain types of road
> surface, to it's a vibration/media problem, so I suspect that I need
> to find another brand of CDRs to use for copies.
>
> Anyone know of a good brand, or can point me in the direction of
> someone who can?

Have a look at this:

http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq07.html#S7-2

but the short answer is, I'd try Taiyo Yuden blanks. They are generally
very well-regarded in terms of longevity and error rates and are the
preferred media for most music traders. They manufacture discs for a
number of companies, a list of which can be found he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiyo_Yuden

For any of the listed brands, you need to be sure the discs are
indicated as having been made in Japan to be sure they're TY.

If you really want to experiment with the absolute top-of-the-line when
it comes to recordable media, try MAM-A:

http://www.mam-a.com/

which uses gold instead of aluminum for the discs, as they're intended
primarily for archival applications.

Dave

Old February 5th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

> Just burn them at a way lower speed. Problem will probably go away. SEARCH for the truth.
>
> 'Curly'

type 3 to type 1 rear brakes george taylor VW air cooled 1 May 4th 06 03:28 AM
Accord Hybrid Richard Minami Honda 6 November 23rd 05 05:55 AM
Is my '94 Accord today's Civic? Keith Loyd Honda 0 October 16th 05 04:07 PM
accord VS camry (more like honda vs toyota) [email protected] Honda 1 October 10th 05 10:02 PM
Type question [email protected] VW air cooled 8 February 2nd 05 04:00 AM