Crx D16a6 timing belt went got it fixed lost about 1/4 of the HP help

Old February 2nd 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Beaulieu3309

Default Crx D16a6 timing belt went got it fixed lost about 1/4 of the HP help

My timing belt went at 10 miles an hour and I had a new one put on
they tested compression and I am about 134 to 139 on all but the #2
cylinder it tested at 129 still within tolerance. I lost about 1/4 of
the power it used to have mainly at high RPM's is my timing off? the
engine was from a japanese Car it says ZC on the block under the D16a6
but it is not DOHC had under 40K on the engine when I purchased it.
any help would be great.

Old February 2nd 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

"Slightly" bent valves...

JT

Old February 2nd 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Beaulieu3309

On Feb 2, 4:06 pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
wrote:
> "Slightly" bent valves...
>
> JT

wouldn't that show up in the compression check? it still has great
compression.

Old February 3rd 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Beaulieu3309 wrote:
> On Feb 2, 4:06 pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
> wrote:
>> "Slightly" bent valves...
>>
>> JT

> wouldn't that show up in the compression check? it still has great
> compression.

yes it would. most likely the timing is not set right, especially if
it's not breathing right at high rpm's. just check it again - follow
the tensioning procedure to the letter as it can easily skip. google
here if you need to read it again - i've posted it before so it will be
in the archive.
Old February 3rd 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Speedy Pete

recheck your cam timing AND ignition timing.

Compression is OK and not your problem.

-SP

Old February 3rd 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Beaulieu3309

very good. thanks

Old February 4th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

jim beam wrote:

> Beaulieu3309 wrote:
>
>> On Feb 2, 4:06 pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Slightly" bent valves...
>>>
>>> JT

>> wouldn't that show up in the compression check? it still has great
>> compression.
>>

> yes it would. most likely the timing is not set right, especially if
> it's not breathing right at high rpm's. just check it again - follow
> the tensioning procedure to the letter as it can easily skip. google
> here if you need to read it again - i've posted it before so it will be
> in the archive.

I was sort of under the impression the 130 psi range was low for a
Honda. For example, my lowly '82 DX runs around 180 psi. Of course, I
am far from being a Honda expert...

JT