On Saturn's New Powertrains and Old Trolls

Old September 14th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Default On Saturn's New Powertrains and Old Trolls

Just a FYI to help those either stuck in the past or whom may just not be in
the know and finally, my take on Trolls:

Saturn as of 2007 no longer manufactures cars in Spring Hill, TN.
The 1.9L, 2.2L, V6 Catera or V6 Honda engines are no longer in use.
CVT transmissions were only used between 2002 and 2004.
All Saturn transmissions are either Aisin-Borg-Warner or GM Hydro-matic.

As of 2008 all 4 cylinders are Ecotec and a
1.8L (Astra)
2.0L (SKY Redline)
2.4L (SKY, Aura XE, VUE XE)
As of 2008 all V6 are a distant cousin of the GM Cadillac CTS family and are
as follows:
3.5L (VUE XE AWD, VUE XE, Aura XE, Outlook XE)
3.6L (Aura XR, VUE XR, Outlook XR)

These are all new engines to Saturn and have not had the past issues that
were found in some Saturn vehicles.
Many improvements to these powertrains have been made to make these very
durable and user-friendly, thus making timing chain and transmissions issues
that occurred in the post obsolete with proper owner care. These include:

Oil Life Monitoring Systems
Improved Engine-Management Systems
Improved Fuel Management Systems
Stabilitrack on top of ABS and Traction Control (Standard on just about
everything)
OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics (now those with active Onstar have no reason to
drive around oblivious to the little engine light on the dash or what it
means and can get immediate answers)
Tire-Pressure Monitors
Improved handling
5 year Free Roadside Assistance

Yes, there were many issues with the old 1st and 2nd Generation Satuns, but
just as many happy loyal REPEAT owners such as myself. Saturn is basically a
new company with new cars. Trolls who keep digging up old internet gripes
about old models and then trying to compare them to the new cars are just
not relevant anymore. Every brand has it's issues, Google any brand and you
will find something negative about anything you want to troll about.

Let me give you a for instance. I love the 2003 Nissan 350Z, almost bought
one, tilll I read about the front-end alignment tire eating issue, I passed
up a great deal over that. Funny, the early L300 had a similar issue, but
ours never did and was a great car. Guess you can't go by everything you
read.

Hey, I never had a perfect Saturn, nor a Ford nor a Chevy nor a Nissan, all
have had problems and a car is only as good as it's mechanic in my opinion.

We know who the Trolls are. Use your own experience and look around at how
many happy Saturn owners there are out there who have had decent
experiences, how many Saturn based online clubs out there, SaturnSpot,
SaturnFans, IONForums, STC, etc., how many people out there in the Saturn
community are helping each other and you will see the vast difference
between the motives of the common Troll vs a true Saturn Owner.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

Old September 14th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Correction: All Saturn transmissions are either Aisin-Borg-Warner or GM
Hydro-matic.
I forgot to put in the word "Automatic" in that sentence.

Source: www.gmpowertrain.com

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

GM Powertrains marx404 Saturn 1 February 23rd 07 10:03 PM
black sealant used on Saturn's DannyB20 Saturn 0 May 22nd 06 05:46 AM
Silly question--my Saturn's "birthday" CC**Buttercup Saturn 4 April 1st 06 06:49 PM
trolls Merc Ford Mustang 1 April 28th 05 04:58 AM
"Saturn's VUE new, improved" Mike Saturn 2 May 28th 04 12:34 AM