No Honda warranty for windshields

Old February 4th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

Default No Honda warranty for windshields

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 08:15:24 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> Joe LaVigne > wrote:
>
>> > Yeah, most comprehensive coverage will do it... with a deductible that's
>> > almost
>> > the cost of the job anyway.

>> Odd. I have had comprehensive for many years, and there is never a
>> deductible for glass coverage.

> That's because you're overpaying for your insurance policy.
>
> Trust me, NOTHING is free. Only a sucker who believes the marketing
> crap falls into that trap.

When did I say anything was free? I said that there is no glass
deductible. That is the case on all levels of comprehensive available to
me, and the normal available here.

Were you born an asshole, or have you had to work hard to get there? If
the latter, good job!
Old February 4th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

....you haven't thought it through or
> been taught well. You probably can't really afford the car itself.

Heh heh.. That part would apply to about 95% of the sheeple out thar...

<G>

JT

Old February 5th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 08:49:31 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> Joe LaVigne > wrote:
>
>> > Trust me, NOTHING is free. Only a sucker who believes the marketing
>> > crap falls into that trap.

>> When did I say anything was free? I said that there is no glass
>> deductible. That is the case on all levels of comprehensive available to
>> me, and the normal available here.

> How much--or should I say, how little--of a deductible do you carry on
> that policy?
>
> If you asked how much your policy would cost with a higher deductible,
> including no "free" glass replacement, you'd find that you could pay
> less for your insurance.
>
> You can ALWAYS pay less for your insurance by insuring more of it
> yourself. And if you think you need that $100 or even $500 deductible,
> and "free" windshield replacement, you haven't thought it through or
> been taught well. You probably can't really afford the car itself.
>
> And the insurance company loves you.

LOL. Just checked the online quotes section. To change from full glass
to no glass is a net change of $5/6 month policy. I think I'll pay the
$10/year.

Sorry that I suggested that it was required in NY. After further
investigation, it turns out that it is just silly to not have it.

As for being able to "afford the car itself", insurance is part of the
price you pay. If I can afford my payments, and my insurance, then I can
probably afford the car...