Opinions on web page

Old May 13th 05, 03:22 AM
jbjeep

Default Opinions on web page

http://jbjeep.terahex.com

The question is coming up of do I leave the web page up or do I take it off line? Or
perhaps password protect it? Long story of why, but I will let you know what
happens, if anything.
Any comments from the peanut gallery??

Old May 13th 05, 03:39 AM
DougW

jbjeep did pass the time by typing:

> The question is coming up of do I leave the web page up or do I take it off
> line? Or perhaps password protect it? Long story of why, but I will let you
> know what happens, if anything.
> Any comments from the peanut gallery??

Just guessing but if it's a problem with your ISP and running a server then
maby it's time to pick a web service or firewall the ISPs scanner IP.
More and more are getting picky about such things or like here on cox.net
simply blocking port 80 inbound to put a virtual cork in the problem.

My "real" site is currently hosted by godaddy.com and whois protected by
domainsbyproxy.com since there are more than a few kooks out there
that would like to know where I live.

www.revbeergoggles.com

It comes with email, webmail, and basic services. They are also
very anti spam. www.godaddy.com has the price data. There are
cheaper but most also host spammers so email is iffy.

--
DougW

Old May 13th 05, 03:46 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Jennifer,
I vote you keep it, for our enjoyment.
I realize it's a big job, but if you automatically back it up,
it'll reload easier when you're hit from time to time by hackers, that
replace your pictures and links with porn, like they do even with
official Government sites. like: http://whitehouse.gov just because it's
there.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 13th 05, 03:56 AM
jbjeep

No, no issues there. My bro-in-law hosts my site.

Its more of a personal attack by a local land management agency, then hearing that
there was an "uproar at the region 3 meeting when those pictures were posted".

Old May 13th 05, 03:57 AM
jbjeep

Not a hacker issue.

Its more of a personal attack by a local land management agency, then hearing there

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 13th 05, 04:15 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The Greenie would just found another picture to use. And what would
they use that look so bad, I can't remember a picture that you weren't
in a wash or on the trail it's self. I think you could organize a neat
slide to show at there next meeting, like you have equal time coming to
you.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 13th 05, 09:35 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

I enjoy your postings and trail run updates. I for one would miss your
website. I vote for password protection... something like
"jeepgirlsgonewild".
-Brian

Old May 13th 05, 12:32 PM
DougW

jbjeep did pass the time by typing:
> No, no issues there. My bro-in-law hosts my site.
>
> Its more of a personal attack by a local land management agency, then hearing
> that there was an "uproar at the region 3 meeting when those pictures were
> posted".

Ah, greenies with a stick up the arse.
There will always be those folks that
try to protect the world from terrible
distruction at the hands of mindless
offroading yahoos.

Put a nice disclaimer on your site. Something
along the lines that no animial were injured
in the production of the pictures, sticking to
the trails, pack in what you pack out, etc. Then
stick a copyright on the bottom and state that
the images on the site may not be used without
permission.

Not that a wacko is going to pay attention to
that but properly done it would allow you to
put pressure on them if you wanted to.

heh.. request that the agency send you those
photos since they were used without permission
and in violation of your copyright.

--
DougW

Old May 13th 05, 01:54 PM
Jeep

you have a great site Jennifer...I've stumbled upon it before and enjoyed
it...I say leave it up for all to enjoy!
good luck!
Jeff
'03 TJ - '95 ZJ

Old May 13th 05, 02:59 PM
Mike Romain

Unfortunately that is happening up here in Canada too. The locals are
using off road photos from local club members as ammunition to show the
carnage going on.

Unfortunately they are all too right. Some of these local clubs don't
have 1/4 of a brain between them all. They are now going out and
destroying entrance lanes to trails I am reading on local boards. These
lanes have folks living on them and are getting so torn up folks can't
drive home or emergency vehicles can't get there. Guess which trails
are going to be closed next....

I went on one run once with one local group and at the end we stopped at
a mall to get burgers. This mall has paved entrances, but all these
jerkoffs drove across the grass medians leaving bare tire ruts from
spinning across! I couldn't freaking believe it!

Needless to say that was the only run I have ever joined and made up my
mind to host my own runs with folks from the Jeep newsgroups.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

The Head Page TerryB VW air cooled 6 April 14th 05 08:15 PM
Opinions Wanted: 66 Exhaust Setup Scott Ford Mustang 2 March 11th 05 12:36 AM
Opinions on the 2002 L100. Rob Saturn 2 December 27th 04 04:53 AM
Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one?? Mark J. Amero BMW 7 November 20th 04 08:47 PM