Rear Door Auto Latch - 2000 Concorde LXi

Old January 4th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default Rear Door Auto Latch - 2000 Concorde LXi

jaygreg wrote:
> On Jan 4, 11:12 am, Bill Putney > wrote:

>>> hitting it repeatedly with pulse from the unlock switch and the manual lock/unlock button<<

>>> try a series of all hits in the unlock direction, and also a series of alternating lock and

> unlock hits to try to jog it loose<<
>
> Are you suggesting I use something flat - like a very broad screw
> driver blade – placed under the lip of that lock button at the bottom
> of my window then hit upward with a hammer... carefully but firmly?

I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. Forget the manual (mechanical)
button. Just use the electric switch.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 5th 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jaygreg

On Jan 4, 6:46 pm, Bill Putney > wrote:
> jaygreg wrote:

> > unlock hits to try to jog it loose<<

> > Are you suggesting I use something flat - like a very broad screw
> > driver blade – placed under the lip of that lock button at the bottom
> > of my window then hit upward with a hammer... carefully but firmly?

> I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. Forget the manual (mechanical)
> button. Just use the electric switch.
>
> --
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> address with the letter 'x')

But the electric switch does absolutely nothing to that manual but.
There's no sound coming from the lock but all the remaining three
buttons respond to the switch at the driver's door and/or their
individual switches.
Old January 5th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

jaygreg wrote:
> On Jan 4, 6:46 pm, Bill Putney > wrote:
>> jaygreg wrote:
>>> unlock hits to try to jog it loose<<
>>> Are you suggesting I use something flat - like a very broad screw
>>> driver blade – placed under the lip of that lock button at the bottom
>>> of my window then hit upward with a hammer... carefully but firmly?

>> I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. Forget the manual (mechanical)
>> button. Just use the electric switch.
>>
>> --
>> Bill Putney
>> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>> address with the letter 'x')

> But the electric switch does absolutely nothing to that manual but.
> There's no sound coming from the lock but all the remaining three
> buttons respond to the switch at the driver's door and/or their
> individual switches.

I think you're screwed!

Time to enter dealer hell.

--