ABS LIGHT NOT COMING ON-HONDA PRELUDE 2.3I (92)4WS

Old May 8th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default ABS LIGHT NOT COMING ON-HONDA PRELUDE 2.3I (92)4WS

CAR BEEN STOOD FOR A YEAR,REPLACED BACK BRAKES DISKS AND CLEANED THE
CALIPERS,I HAVE BLED THE BRAKES AND HAD TO REPLACE SENSOR ON DRIVERS
SIDE WHEEL, FAILED MOT ON THE ABS LIGHT NOT ILLUMINATING AT ALL,NEED
ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT?

Old May 9th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"widow" > wrote in
ups.com:

> CAR BEEN STOOD FOR A YEAR,REPLACED BACK BRAKES DISKS AND CLEANED THE
> CALIPERS,I HAVE BLED THE BRAKES AND HAD TO REPLACE SENSOR ON DRIVERS
> SIDE WHEEL, FAILED MOT ON THE ABS LIGHT NOT ILLUMINATING AT ALL,NEED
> ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT?

Is the dash bulb still good?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old May 9th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

to tell the truth not checked it!thought it was very rare that they go
but might as well check, how difficult is it to gat dash board out?

Old May 12th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

widow wrote:

> to tell the truth not checked it!thought it was very rare that they go
> but might as well check, how difficult is it to gat dash board out?

------------------------------------

Honda saved you the trouble . .

Don't your ('92) dash lights 'check themselves' when you turn the key
ON? You may have to resort to reading the Owner's Manual to see if this
is true.

'Curly'
Old May 25th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

hi there took dashboard out to check the bulb(no bulb)put one in and
thought "yes" its working!!light comes on for the two secs it should do
but then i drove for about 100 yards and it came back on and stayed
on!!!so still not solved the problem,had the car throught two previous
MOTS and passed,previous owner must have had problems,any advice,do i
need to get codes and if so how do i get them?

Old May 25th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"widow" > wrote in
oups.com:

> hi there took dashboard out to check the bulb(no bulb)put one in and
> thought "yes" its working!!light comes on for the two secs it should do
> but then i drove for about 100 yards and it came back on and stayed
> on!!!so still not solved the problem,had the car throught two previous
> MOTS and passed,previous owner must have had problems,any advice,do i
> need to get codes and if so how do i get them?

Aha! Roger the Bodger tried to cover up an ABS problem by removing the bulb
before unloading the car on you! How sweet.

If the light came on once the car was in motion, you need to check the
sensors at the wheels. They get rusted and/or damaged. Inspect the wire to
each sensor as well.

Since you're in Britain (land of perpetual rain), it's probable rust has
built up on the toothed wheels, and this rust has fouled one of the
sensors.

Old May 25th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

widow wrote:

> hi there took dashboard out to check the bulb(no bulb)put one in and
> thought "yes" its working!!light comes on for the two secs it should do
> but then i drove for about 100 yards and it came back on and stayed
> on!!!so still not solved the problem,had the car throught two previous
> MOTS and passed,previous owner must have had problems,any advice,do i
> need to get codes and if so how do i get them?

--------------------------------------

Like Tegger said, clean the rust / gobs of grease off the tone rings and
be careful not to damage the CV boots.

'Curly'
Old May 28th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

had to replace three wheel sensors,wire had snapped off drivers side
front wheel, also repaced the back,they were rusted as you
suggested,but the car as been stood for over twelve months,only because
i tried to be practical!!!!! bought a civic! and hated it,just want to
get my baby back on the road! had to replace back disks because front
brakes were doing all the work and the back only reading 14%,will check
sensors again but any more info will be gladly apprecieted?

Old May 28th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"widow" > wrote in
ups.com:

> had to replace three wheel sensors,wire had snapped off drivers side
> front wheel, also repaced the back,they were rusted as you
> suggested,but the car as been stood for over twelve months,only because
> i tried to be practical!!!!! bought a civic! and hated it,just want to
> get my baby back on the road! had to replace back disks because front
> brakes were doing all the work and the back only reading 14%,will check
> sensors again but any more info will be gladly apprecieted?

Are you saying the ABS light is coming on in spite of all these repairs?

Have somebody get back underneath and look again. There's still something
not right. Is one of the sensors too close to the tone ring and fouling on
it?