95 Cabrio flooded!

Old April 26th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default 95 Cabrio flooded!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I discovered
when I returned home from vacation last night!!! The passenger's side
of my 95 VW Cabrio was FLOODED. there was a good 4-5 inches of water
on the floor in the front and back on the passenger's side only. The
seats were completely dry, so i pretty much eliminated the theory that
the window was open. My friend who was watching the car said that
there were torrential downpours the day before so it's most likely rain
water on the floor, but I'm just trying to figure out where it came
from. The driver's side floor in the front and back are completely
dry, as is the trunk.

I honestly have no idea about cars, so I am open to bringing it to a
shop but wanted to hopefully save myself some time and money by seeing
if there would be a cheap, quick, easy way to fix this myself. My car
has 181,000 miles on it, so i would expect problems to come up...please
- if anyone has any insight about this, please let me know! thanks
in advance!!!

Old May 4th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

leaves clogging up drain holes in engine compartment under windshield area.
water fills up there and enters heater box fresh air inlet

or door vapor barrier is not effective

or ??

--
later,
dave

"Bart Bervoets" > wrote in message
> Wrong newsgroup,
> Pinhole in windshield rubber or door rubbers maybe?
>
> Bart Bervoets
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I discovered
>> when I returned home from vacation last night!!! The passenger's side
>> of my 95 VW Cabrio was FLOODED. there was a good 4-5 inches of water
>> on the floor in the front and back on the passenger's side only. The
>> seats were completely dry, so i pretty much eliminated the theory that
>> the window was open. My friend who was watching the car said that
>> there were torrential downpours the day before so it's most likely rain
>> water on the floor, but I'm just trying to figure out where it came
>> from. The driver's side floor in the front and back are completely
>> dry, as is the trunk.
>>
>> I honestly have no idea about cars, so I am open to bringing it to a
>> shop but wanted to hopefully save myself some time and money by seeing
>> if there would be a cheap, quick, easy way to fix this myself. My car
>> has 181,000 miles on it, so i would expect problems to come up...please
>> - if anyone has any insight about this, please let me know! thanks
>> in advance!!!

cabrio vs. golf window regulator? [email protected] VW water cooled 4 March 30th 06 03:15 PM
Flooded Carb? Mel P. VW air cooled 1 April 29th 05 04:04 AM
2000 Cabrio help in Northern, VA (Fairfax area) Ryan VW water cooled 0 February 19th 05 02:38 AM
97 Cabrio Shift Linkage Scott Metzger VW water cooled 1 October 6th 04 03:58 AM
A4 cabrio vs CLK cabrio (space in the back) Jesper Lauridsen Audi 4 August 4th 04 02:37 PM