My First Mustang!

Old August 19th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Paul[_2_]

Default My First Mustang!

at 18 Aug 2006, Terry Brannigan ]
wrote in :

I went from a 130K miles 1995 V6 Coupe Mustang to a 2005 V6 Convertible
Mustang. I too can get x-plan. But my budget allowed for a v8 coupe or
a v6 loaded convertible. A while back I had a 2005 V6 coupe rental for
about 2 weeks and put 2000 miles on it. Just fell in love with the
handling. It is vastly better than my 1995.

I got luck and wa sable to keep control and play one dealer against
another as both wanted to get rid of their $32K 2005 sticker V6 Premium
convertibles in March 2006 with the 07's looming. I ended up paying 23K
out the door for this car where a comparable 2006 model would have been
about 30K out the door with x-plan. No 2005 GT's left anywhere so no
dealing on those.

It's been 5 months and I love this car. the 200HP v6 is more than zippy
enough for me although I would have preferred a manual over the auto
transmission. As it is, I'll have this baby paid of in 4 years with a
FMC .9% APR finance deal. Making it more profitable to leave my money
in the back and not even put anything down.

It's the time of the year when you should be able to get some deals on
2006 models with the 07's coming in.

Happy hunting and do your homework so the dealer doesn't screw you.

--
_ 2005 Mustang V6 Convertible (Mineral Grey)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

Old August 19th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chris

"Paul" > wrote in message
> at 18 Aug 2006, Terry Brannigan ]
> wrote in :
>
> I went from a 130K miles 1995 V6 Coupe Mustang to a 2005 V6 Convertible
> Mustang. I too can get x-plan. But my budget allowed for a v8 coupe or
> a v6 loaded convertible. A while back I had a 2005 V6 coupe rental for
> about 2 weeks and put 2000 miles on it. Just fell in love with the
> handling. It is vastly better than my 1995.
>
> I got luck and wa sable to keep control and play one dealer against
> another as both wanted to get rid of their $32K 2005 sticker V6 Premium
> convertibles in March 2006 with the 07's looming. I ended up paying 23K
> out the door for this car where a comparable 2006 model would have been
> about 30K out the door with x-plan. No 2005 GT's left anywhere so no
> dealing on those.
>
> It's been 5 months and I love this car. the 200HP v6 is more than zippy
> enough for me although I would have preferred a manual over the auto
> transmission. As it is, I'll have this baby paid of in 4 years with a
> FMC .9% APR finance deal. Making it more profitable to leave my money
> in the back and not even put anything down.

Actually the V6 is 210hp and 240 ft. lbs of torque. About the same
horsepower and torque as the 68 Mustang with a 289 4v, not the HiPo version.
I opted for the V6 and options as opposed to the V8. It wasn't worth the
extra 7-8k for 2 more cylinders. Not to mention I saved a little on
insurance cost with the V6. I've had my 06 now for about a month. I enjoy it
and have no regrets.

Old August 19th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

"chris" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Paul" > wrote in message
>> at 18 Aug 2006, Terry Brannigan ]
>> wrote in :
>>
>> I went from a 130K miles 1995 V6 Coupe Mustang to a 2005 V6 Convertible
>> Mustang. I too can get x-plan. But my budget allowed for a v8 coupe or
>> a v6 loaded convertible. A while back I had a 2005 V6 coupe rental for
>> about 2 weeks and put 2000 miles on it. Just fell in love with the
>> handling. It is vastly better than my 1995.
>>
>> I got luck and wa sable to keep control and play one dealer against
>> another as both wanted to get rid of their $32K 2005 sticker V6 Premium
>> convertibles in March 2006 with the 07's looming. I ended up paying 23K
>> out the door for this car where a comparable 2006 model would have been
>> about 30K out the door with x-plan. No 2005 GT's left anywhere so no
>> dealing on those.
>>
>> It's been 5 months and I love this car. the 200HP v6 is more than zippy
>> enough for me although I would have preferred a manual over the auto
>> transmission. As it is, I'll have this baby paid of in 4 years with a
>> FMC .9% APR finance deal. Making it more profitable to leave my money
>> in the back and not even put anything down.

> Actually the V6 is 210hp and 240 ft. lbs of torque. About the same
> horsepower and torque as the 68 Mustang with a 289 4v, not the HiPo
> version. I opted for the V6 and options as opposed to the V8. It wasn't
> worth the extra 7-8k for 2 more cylinders. Not to mention I saved a little
> on insurance cost with the V6. I've had my 06 now for about a month. I
> enjoy it and have no regrets.

It might be making near the same published power and torque, but with a what
1200+ pound increase in weight?

Old August 19th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chris

"My Names Nobody" > wrote in message

> "chris" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "Paul" > wrote in message
>>> at 18 Aug 2006, Terry Brannigan ]
>>> wrote in :
>>>
>>> I went from a 130K miles 1995 V6 Coupe Mustang to a 2005 V6 Convertible
>>> Mustang. I too can get x-plan. But my budget allowed for a v8 coupe or
>>> a v6 loaded convertible. A while back I had a 2005 V6 coupe rental for
>>> about 2 weeks and put 2000 miles on it. Just fell in love with the
>>> handling. It is vastly better than my 1995.
>>>
>>> I got luck and wa sable to keep control and play one dealer against
>>> another as both wanted to get rid of their $32K 2005 sticker V6 Premium
>>> convertibles in March 2006 with the 07's looming. I ended up paying 23K
>>> out the door for this car where a comparable 2006 model would have been
>>> about 30K out the door with x-plan. No 2005 GT's left anywhere so no
>>> dealing on those.
>>>
>>> It's been 5 months and I love this car. the 200HP v6 is more than zippy
>>> enough for me although I would have preferred a manual over the auto
>>> transmission. As it is, I'll have this baby paid of in 4 years with a
>>> FMC .9% APR finance deal. Making it more profitable to leave my money
>>> in the back and not even put anything down.

>> Actually the V6 is 210hp and 240 ft. lbs of torque. About the same
>> horsepower and torque as the 68 Mustang with a 289 4v, not the HiPo
>> version. I opted for the V6 and options as opposed to the V8. It wasn't
>> worth the extra 7-8k for 2 more cylinders. Not to mention I saved a
>> little on insurance cost with the V6. I've had my 06 now for about a
>> month. I enjoy it and have no regrets.
>>

> It might be making near the same published power and torque, but with a
> what 1200+ pound increase in weight?

What about it? Doesn't change the fact the motor is still puts out 210hp
stock.

Old August 20th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
chris

"Terry Brannigan" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:25:27 +0000, chris wrote:
>

>> What about it? Doesn't change the fact the motor is still puts out 210hp
>> stock.

> I'm old enough to have driven the Dusters, Challengers, Chargers, Nova's
> etc of that era, albeit in the 70's not the 60's, but one thing springs to
> mind when I remember those cars:don't try and take a corner at speed.
>
> Skateboards with rocket engines on them.
> The suspensions on most of those cars was terrible, some would say even
> dangerous.
> Add in the bias ply tires, or first generation radials and you were
> looking at some seriously compromised cars.
> Sure they could be modified but out of the factory that DC torsion bar
> system was a mess. GM wasn't much better with undersized components.
> Those cars were designed to go straight line and they did it very well.
> Just don't try and turn a corner
> They were a hell of a lot of fun though, and still are!

Me as well. And many moons ago my 68 Charger R/T with bias ply tires, was
always a joy traveling across a steel grated bridge..