Front brakes not releasing

Old December 8th 04, 06:06 PM
Rich

Default Front brakes not releasing

My front brakes on my Ford Grenada have begun to stick.
Cracking the bleeder valves on each relieves the tension
on each, and since it's happened to both sides at the
same time, I don't think it's a caliper piston sticking,
and it would seem odd that both rubber lines would fail
at the same time...one line seems pretty new anyway.
Could the master cylinder fail and keep constant pressure
in the lines, or could it be in the junction valve where
all the lines come together?

I found it odd too that when compressing the piston back
to check one of the calipers, the fluid did not 'bubble up'
inside the master cylinder. When I did this to my Ford F250
the fluid pushed right out of the master cylinder.
Thanks for any help...can't drive it till I figure it out.

Rich

Old December 8th 04, 07:27 PM
el Diablo

"Rich" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My front brakes on my Ford Grenada have begun to stick.
> Cracking the bleeder valves on each relieves the tension
> on each, and since it's happened to both sides at the
> same time, I don't think it's a caliper piston sticking,
> and it would seem odd that both rubber lines would fail
> at the same time...one line seems pretty new anyway.
> Could the master cylinder fail and keep constant pressure
> in the lines, or could it be in the junction valve where
> all the lines come together?
>
> I found it odd too that when compressing the piston back
> to check one of the calipers, the fluid did not 'bubble up'
> inside the master cylinder. When I did this to my Ford F250
> the fluid pushed right out of the master cylinder.
> Thanks for any help...can't drive it till I figure it out.
>
> Rich

I good chance that the flexible hoses have collapsed and need to be
replaced.

Brian

Old December 9th 04, 06:38 AM
Rich

What is very odd now is that today I drove the car
a few miles around town and the brakes did not
stay "stuck" as before. They were cool and
freed up when I got home.
I would rather the problem got worse than for it to
go away.... makes it harder to figure out what's wrong.

Rich

Old December 30th 04, 12:09 AM
Alessandro Crugnola

On 8 Dec 2004 22:38:29 -0800, Rich wrote:

> I would rather the problem got worse than for it to
> go away.... makes it harder to figure out what's wrong.

Maybe you let up on foots brake?