EA NSR vs. Papyrus Nascar 2003

Old February 23rd 05, 05:24 AM
Byron Forbes

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> R.V. Gronoff wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Is NSR really worth the dough over Papyrus NS2K3 with all the free

> mods
>> added ?
>>
>> I've tried the NSR demo and it ran smoothly on my P4
>> 2.25Ghz/Ti4600/512Mb Rambus PC - although the demo doesn't feature

> many
>> sounds played together nor all the >40 cars racing together.
>>
>> I'd love to find a Papy mod for season 2005 since I'm not sure NSR

> will
>> ever be available here in the old country.
>>
>> Thanks for your insights/tips/prophetic visions/etc.
>> RVG

> There is simply no comparison, EA's new title sets the standard in
> every area imaginable and is the new definitive Nascar simulation.
>
> Go and read some of the 90%+ reviews which are overflowing with praise.

Sounds like Cart Precision Racing all over again - a real classic that!

Old February 23rd 05, 12:59 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:24:19 +1100, Byron Forbes wrote:

> wrote in message

<snip snip>

> Sounds like Cart Precision Racing all over again - a real classic that!

People,

please don't full-quote brainlessvaccum's sh*t, that's
short-circuiting my killfile ;-)

cheers & TIA,

uwe

Old March 10th 05, 05:54 PM
Niles Anders

After countless hours of evaluation by many leagues and server companies
NSR2005 proves to be a real stinker! Maybe they'll get it right
with their patches that are rumored to be coming. NSR2005 in it's
current iteration is no more then a "bad mod" of NT2004, which was much
hated too. The only people that ever like EA's Nascar titles are people
that have never tried the application and mod rich NR2003. At present
NSR is not worth the money. I, as a server leasing company have only
leased one instance but my long term NR2003 client consider it only a
curiousity.

Old March 11th 05, 01:49 PM
JTS

> Can you please refrain from full-quoting this troll?

Gives him to much "airtime", I guess?