NOT SPAM: NHTSA Survey Results - Where People Get their Tirepressures - It's a DOCUMENT!

Old October 18th 15, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default NOT SPAM: NHTSA Survey Results - Where People Get their Tirepressures - It's a DOCUMENT!

NOT SPAM: NHTSA Survey Results - Where People Get their Tire pressures - It's a DOCUMENT!

Let's try this again:

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809-316.pdf

The correct cold tire pressure is on a placard on most
car's B-pillars, right near one's butt in the driver's seat!
Old October 18th 15, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

On 10/18/2015 2:54 PM, wrote:
> NOT SPAM: NHTSA Survey Results - Where People Get their Tire pressures - It's a DOCUMENT!
>
> Let's try this again:

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809-316.pdf

> The correct cold tire pressure is on a placard on most
> car's B-pillars, right near one's butt in the driver's seat!

All my cars have a suggested tire pressure sticker on the
inside of the glove box door. There's nothing in the door
pillar area at all.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old October 18th 15, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

AMuzi wrote: "- show quoted text -
All my cars have a suggested tire pressure sticker on the
inside of the glove box door. There's nothing in the door
pillar area at all.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971"

What makes & models? Not that I don't believe you,
but this.. http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/...ges/pg224b.jpg
is where most cars built since 1990 display their load
and tire pressure info.

My POINT is, according to that survey, the majority
of vehicle owners/operators are looking in the wrong
place for recommended tire pressures for their
specific vehicles. And as long as you are going
by your vehicle mfg., you're ok.
Old October 19th 15, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

The Real Bev wrote: "On 10/18/2015 01:52 PM, wrote:
> AMuzi wrote: "- show quoted text -
> All my cars have a suggested tire pressure sticker on the
> inside of the glove box door. There's nothing in the door
> pillar area at all.

I grew up believing that using the max pressure molded into the tire
gave you better mileage at the expense of a firmer ride and see no
reason to change my mind. "

I think setting the pressure halfway between door/glovebox sticker
and the max on the tire is still preferable to your basketball on wheels(!)

"I'm also in disagreement about the "new tires
go on the rear" school of tire replacement."

I suspect that procedure applies mostly to front-wheel drive cars,
with more unequal Front-Rear weight ratios - 55/45, 60/40,
etc.