N2K3: Wheel comparisons

Old December 7th 04, 02:00 AM
DJSpeedy

Default N2K3: Wheel comparisons

I was wondering something about these wheels and like informed opinions on
it.

I currently have a MS SW non-FF wheel that is about a year old now, and has
seen very light use.

I have coming (if UPS ever stops rescheduling the damn thing!) a black MOMO
FF, and was wondering how it compared with the MS wheel, and what I could
expect with my lap times with the MOMO, and how long it would take me to get
used to it?

I currently have plans to NOT use the FF "feature" of the wheel which should
help the wear and tear on it. :-)

I've already got some wheel setup guides for the MOMO so I should be able to
set the wheel to where it would work good, but wanted others opinions on the
two wheels.

Old December 7th 04, 04:30 PM
Plowboy2

DJ,

was you ms wheel the USB version?

I know everything is subjective, but me and my friends hated the momo's and
went to the MS FF wheels. hopefully you will like it better, but our
problems extended to most of us having XP machines, and the momo's half the
time deciding to not work correctly. of course this was a while back, maybe
it is better nowdays.

For what is worth, I hope you have better luck.

DJSpeedy enlightened us with:

Old December 7th 04, 09:35 PM
DJSpeedy

"Plowboy2" > wrote in message
> DJ,
>
> was you ms wheel the USB version?
>
> I know everything is subjective, but me and my friends hated the momo's

and
> went to the MS FF wheels. hopefully you will like it better, but our
> problems extended to most of us having XP machines, and the momo's half

the
> time deciding to not work correctly. of course this was a while back,

maybe
> it is better nowdays.
>
> For what is worth, I hope you have better luck.

Yea, the USB version.

How long was "a while back"? Maybe Logitech has addressed these problems by
now.

Old December 10th 04, 03:43 PM
Plowboy2

Sorry DJ, lost track of this thread, I would say over a year ago now, easily
in total...

I read good things about the new Logitech wheels, something pro, with 540
degree turning radius? that works on the PS2 also. Might get me one to
start testing...

Old December 12th 04, 02:04 AM
Pez

driving force pro, 900 degrees of rotation

pez

"Plowboy2" > wrote in message
> Sorry DJ, lost track of this thread, I would say over a year ago now,

easily
> in total...
>
> I read good things about the new Logitech wheels, something pro, with 540
> degree turning radius? that works on the PS2 also. Might get me one to
> start testing...
> DJSpeedy enlightened us with:
> > "Plowboy2" > wrote in message
> >> DJ,
> >>
> >> was you ms wheel the USB version?
> >>
> >> I know everything is subjective, but me and my friends hated the
> >> momo's and went to the MS FF wheels. hopefully you will like it
> >> better, but our problems extended to most of us having XP machines,
> >> and the momo's half the time deciding to not work correctly. of
> >> course this was a while back, maybe it is better nowdays.
> >>
> >> For what is worth, I hope you have better luck.

> > Yea, the USB version.
> >
> > How long was "a while back"? Maybe Logitech has addressed these
> > problems by now.

Reply from Koch's regarding steering wheel quality Vw67lives VW air cooled 2 December 25th 04 01:50 PM
weird wheel problem Hughes Simulators 1 November 22nd 04 06:17 PM
2001 Accord LX-V6 - weird wheel tuff George Earl Honda 3 September 27th 04 01:01 AM
96 Land Rover Discovery : Diagnosing High Pitched Squeal Wheel Noise ??? Zach Bower 4x4 2 August 27th 04 06:16 AM